tokai goldstar sound......lake placid blue strat(1964 spec)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee22

Reaction score
hi ppl i'm new to this site .... just wanted to get some feedback on this guitar i got(turns amp up to vol12 :eek: )....tokai goldstar sound strat...sky blue i think they call it lake placid blue .... thats what is says on the receipt (yes i still have it).....i brought it new in 83...it been gigged twice ......mint condition...rosewood finger board...... all original....cept the strings :p ............ would like to get some honest ideas on value........would post some pics if i knew how..lol....i would like to sell eventually to forward my sons drumming career!....i must be mad :-?
any questions just ask ...if i know i'll tell ya ....cheers ZIPPY :wink:

The usual advice is to check out the prices for similar guitars on ebay. I would imagine around the ?350-400 mark for a nice example of that model and vintage, nearer the ?400 though if you sell it on a good day.

Tony

thanx for the info guys....i'll try to get some pics of it up ....oh and i forgot to say i have the original tweed case with the guitar......also after further research .....(by the wife :oops: )......it seems it an 81/82.....62/64 spec .....the headstock is the same colour as the body

thnx peeps......wait to hear from anyone

DSCF0115.jpg

i hope this works[/img]

Nice guitar Zippy

If you take the scratchplate off when you next change the strings you will find some markings in the neck pickup cavity, one of which will be the colour code. That will confirm the colour of your guitar

In fender terms your guitar would be either be Sonic or Daphne Blue hard to tell from digital photo's - Sonic is a more soft powder blue and Daphne has a greeny hue to to.

Great looking guitar, the one's with matching headstock are quite rare. There's one on ebay at the moment (Springy sound with block logo) for a buy it now price of ?495. That's quite steep I think but yours will certainly appeal to similar buyers. I think yours is post-1983 due to the logo and the name - Goldstar Sound was introduced in 1983 I believe to replace the Springy Sound name.

Mario, Here's a Springy black w/matching head stock that went for $433.

It's very similar to yours but obviously pre dates your Goldstar Sound.

I thought you might find it interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170071528868&rd=1&rd=1

Sweet colour...not sure about the same colour headstock though...but nice nonetheless.

I think the same as Ozeshin above :wink:
Hey Ozeshin are you online in BF2142

No m8..only CoD2 but my online clan are the third largest clan on the planet.
They do have a BF division though.
It's a kewl clan...membership is only open to ppl over 25 and the average age of gamers is 40.www.theoldergamers.com feel free to drop by and take a peek :D

The pics r pretty good in colour specially the first one, if u want day light pics let me know i can sort that ..........n ummmm mark its mine! (for the mo anyway ) lol , i take it u got one the same huh? would like to c pics of it , i,ve only ever seen one other in this colour and matching headstock(sonic blue ....as i have found out with help from the peeps here).......not that the colour matters she is a great sounding lady.

ZIPPY said:
hi ppl i'm new to this site .... just wanted to get some feedback on this guitar i got(turns amp up to vol12 :eek: )....tokai goldstar sound strat...sky blue i think they call it lake placid blue .... thats what is says on the receipt (yes i still have it).....i brought it new in 83...it been gigged twice ......mint condition...rosewood finger board...... all original....cept the strings :p ............ would like to get some honest ideas on value........would post some pics if i knew how..lol....i would like to sell eventually to forward my sons drumming career!....i must be mad :-?
any questions just ask ...if i know i'll tell ya ....cheers ZIPPY :wink:

So, what happened to the potential sale of the SB Tokai, and your son's drumming career? Financial boost from another source?

still a potential sale, really prefer to keep it in the uk , got a freind in a music store trying to sell it for me , not in a rush ....sons still waiting on new drum kit , managing well on the one he has for now though (no choice lol)

I wouldn't say these matching headstock models are particularly rare in the UK. I've seen plenty on my travels and in several colours. This seafoam/surf green version is the same as my mates at Cafe Music (Recording Studio) in London http://www.cafestudio.co.uk/ The other popular colour with matching headstock was Candy Apple Red.

They are pretty tasty nonetheless.

Back