Tokai Pics!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paladin2019

Reaction score
Ok people, here are my long overdue pictures of the modded LS-200 8)

Before:
http://www.cyborg.ne.jp/~universe/tokai_new/ls200_4791/ls200_4791.html

After:
Tok.JPG

Tok2.JPG

Tok3.JPG

Tok4.JPG

It now has Duncan Alnico 2 Pro pickups, Grover tuners, 2 push-pull coil taps & a push-pull out-of-phase switch, a shielded cavity, speed knobs, schaller straplocks and a Gibson trussrod cover.

Thanks to my m8 Andrew for hosting (but he doesn't read this board, so that's a bit pointless!)

Those speed knobs are kinda growing on me.

Say, you wouldnt happen to be looking to get rid of those stock pickups, would you?

You probably saw my LS-200. It was the cherry sunburst pictured on the guitar universe site.

Dana

I like speed knobs! :p

The tophat ones are horrible, horrible, horrible! I can never grip them properly, they just never 'feel' right, plus you can't pull them very easily when you have push-pull pots. :roll:

It took me ages to track down some amber ones though - gold didn't look right and black was just... eurgh! :eek:

Oh yes, and those lovely PAF #1's are just gathering dust now if anyone's interested 8) :wink:

Yours looks pretty kewl Dana, but I don't think that colour is for me!

Well sir, i like a little dust on my pickups.

Perhaps you could private message me a figure you would like for them.

Also, i have a new Duncan JB bridge if you are looking to wheel and deal. I installed it in my Tokai Custom Edition (S/S/H) but soon noticed after 2 seconds that it wasnt the right pickup. I needed an "F-spaced" pickup aka trembucker.

Let me know,

Dana

Hey Paladin

Beautiful Love Rock, alright!

I'm beginning to become brainwashed :p, I think, because now the Tokai name on the headstock seems legit to me while the Gibson is starting to look funny. Ditto on the Strat replicas.

I like the amber knobs, but I think technically they are referred to as "clear barrel" knobs, as the speed knobs have knurled rubber on the sides to get that "speedy" grip. I call the clear barrel ones speed knobs too. Oh well. They are a heck of a lot better than those weenie top hat jobs!

Enjoy and play in good health!

Dana - check your messages! :D

EDIT: if a PM is in the outbox, has it been sent? If so, what the heck is the sentbox for?

Oh, and thanks for the tip Londonbarry - I didn't even know push pushes existed! Are they like footswitch buttons, where you push and something happens but you don't see anything, or do they physically go up and down as they are switched, like on push pulls? I like being able to see what my switches are doing :wink:

Paladin, you have mail in your PM. :wink:

Let me know what you think,

Dana

Oh and you're right, London Barry does have killer blue eyes! :eek:

LondonBarry said:
Mind you, if you can't hear the difference, you need different pickups or an ear upgrade :p

Yeah, but with the phase switch it can be harder to tell if you only have one pup selected :p

:wink:

Arr'ya

Barry and I agree yet again. The push-push knobs are so much easier to operate especially if you've tried getting your claws under a Strat knob with a push-pull pot -

ARRGH! F*!*@!* KNOB!!

Solo's over time you've sussed it.

They cost around ?13 here.

:lol: Hardly. In fact I was at one of David Cloverdale?s first gigs after he was released from his Purple contract around 1976?/77? (?). That was at the Lyceum Ballroom and the Punk band supporting them was pelted with empty bottles of Light Ale (not guilty). So, if I had been a Punk, I?d probably have died in the crossfire.

I?m an olde? head banger for my sins, so I?m well used... and err completely au fait with the long drawn out guitar solos of old.

Listened and changed my style of playing a lot since though.

All Parts do a push-push which at around ?13 from Andy Pincott (01494 817 351) is a lot cheaper than Yamaha at ?25. Obviously it's probably cheaper to buy a bunch of stuff than just one pot.

Back