Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overdrive pedals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bungle
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As hard as it is to believe , Deadman is right .
Got myself a Daphon to just have a look at and am very impressed . Took a bag of pedals round to a friends house when his Proco Rat was stolen and the one pedal he borrowed from the choice was the Daphon.
This was from origional an Marshall Guvnor and an all singing and dancing programable Korg as well .
Chum
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all!!!

After reading Deadman and Japanstrat's comments on the Daphon E20OD, i was quite curious as to how close it would get to the TS-9 sound..... Well, i searched high and low for one, but the stores were always out of stock, and no one selling 2nd hand.....

Well, about a week ago, a guy posted TWO pedals for sale, the E20OD and a Daphon Distortion unit..... Both for about Php 1,500 Philippine Pesos, or about US $31.25.... well, i got him to take Php 250.00 off the price, and I got both pedals for Php 1,250.00, or about US $26.04, or US $13.02 per pedal......

So i tested them, and wow....... Very very very close to my Nobels ODR-1, and my Iba?ez TS-5 Soundtank sounded rougher........ What a deal!!!!

Thanks a million for the tip, fellas....... This Daphon's a KEEPER!!!

Chum
guitargeorge69
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends what you want and what your comparing it to.

I mean I love the original Ibanez TS808 but you cant compare the TS5, TS9 with a TS808.

The original Ts808 was in an entirely different ball park!

I mean the original TS808 you would literally kill your mother for!:0
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh...comes down to preferences..
I prefer the TS9 to the TS808.
I've got a first run of the original TS9's and it's always been a reliable fallback.
I've gone digital recently and the models get pretty dammned close to that TS9 sound.
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DAPHON E200D is also being sold as Freedom E200D.
They are basically identical to a TS-9 apparently they use the same chip as the Ibanez.
I really can't tell the difference.
Using the E200D as a boost into a Marshall = Tone.
Outsider
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite satisfied with my Keeleyish modded DS-1, but I know there is something better out there. I guess my personal holy grail would be a bluesier DS-1 or a TS-9 with a bit meaner attitude. I've always thought that tube screamers are a bit lame, but now I feel like something mellower than the DS-1 could make it on my board. BTW my only other overdrive is a Zoom Ultra Fuzz, which I use mostly for gated synth-like tones.

Any recommendations, a bluesier DS-1 or a meaner TS-9. And did I already mention that I'm on a budget?

Tokai Love Rock LS-85 F '05 w/ LOTS of mods
Guitargoblin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outsider wrote:
I'm quite satisfied with my Keeleyish modded DS-1, but I know there is something better out there. I guess my personal holy grail would be a bluesier DS-1 or a TS-9 with a bit meaner attitude. I've always thought that tube screamers are a bit lame, but now I feel like something mellower than the DS-1 could make it on my board. BTW my only other overdrive is a Zoom Ultra Fuzz, which I use mostly for gated synth-like tones.

Any recommendations, a bluesier DS-1 or a meaner TS-9. And did I already mention that I'm on a budget?

A Boss OD-3 would be my recomendation. No mods necessary
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could get a Keeley modded TS9..it's a TS9 on steroids
Kaze
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased a Boss SD-1 modded with the Rick Franklin Mod, a lot cheaper than Keeley and with true bypass: http://cgi.ebay.de/BOSS-SD-1-SUPER-OVERDRIVE-W-FRANKLIN-PRO-MOD-W-TBP_W0QQitemZ150125054743QQihZ005QQcategoryZ64417QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Haven't got it yet, but I'm very curious about the sound....

Does anybody know a good compressor???
Outsider
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a guy in Helsinki who also sells selfmodded SD-1's for 80 ? or so. Check the site:

http://www.uraltone.com/kauppa/index.php?language=en

Might give him a call.

Guitargoblin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a modded Japanese SD-1 which is great, but I still prefer the OD-3. More chunk.
japaxes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: O/DRIVE PEDAL Reply with quote

Hi guys, a good friend of mine has just bought a dod overdrive ,as he plays hendrix (style) he has a range of gear uni-vibes fuzz faces wha pedal ect. He found that the fuzz faces he has (some modified curcit)
were all very harsh, detracting from the wha pedal (so it was more like a volume than a wha) He also has a ts9 this is great as a boost but not great when his amp (marshall 50 w head) was fully wound up.
so after trying mxr ,boss,voodoo lab & dod . He settled for the dod (may transplant into fuzz face casing) it was the cheapest ?49.00 but it was also
the best for the job as it didn't alter the signal in the effects being used
before overdrive.Their is a guy on fleabay selling fuzz face kits( no case)
so you may want to check him out ? But as i said my friend has 5 & not 2 of them sound the same.
japaxes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: O/DRIVE PEDAL Reply with quote

Hi guys, a good friend of mine has just bought a dod overdrive ,as he plays hendrix (style) he has a range of gear uni-vibes fuzz faces wha pedal ect. He found that the fuzz faces he has (some modified curcit)
were all very harsh, detracting from the wha pedal (so it was more like a volume than a wha) He also has a ts9 this is great as a boost but not great when his amp (marshall 50 w head) was fully wound up.
so after trying mxr ,boss,voodoo lab & dod . He settled for the dod (may transplant into fuzz face casing) it was the cheapest ?49.00 but it was also
the best for the job as it didn't alter the signal in the effects being used
before overdrive.Their is a guy on fleabay selling fuzz face kits( no case)
so you may want to check him out ? But as i said my friend has 5 & not 2 of them sound the same.
Outsider
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember which model the Dod overdrive it was? I'm really more into affordable, surprising pedals than expensive boutique stuff.

japaxes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: dod pedal Reply with quote

Yes it is a dod 250 distortion, comes in a yellow case/two knob /volume/distortion level. does what it says on the tin
check out there website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: