Damnit, looks like I'm not buying a tokai after all:(

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t0m

Reaction score
I won an ebay auction for an 80s tokai strat eight days ago, but the seller won't reply to my mails:(

Anyone know what to do in a case like this?

It could also be that they don't want to part with the guitar at the price you bid (greedy bastards)
Send an email back stating your concern and then inform eBay of the situation.
You may not get the guitar but they won't be able to post auctions either.

Peter mac

The seller's fom the UK, his name is regargos. He's active alright, he's selling al sort of **** on ebay. It's been 10 days now, if he changed his mind and told me about it I wouldnt have made a big deal out of it, but he can't just ignore me. I just e-mailed him again, if he doesnt anwser this time I'm telling e-bay. In fact, screw him, I can get a sweet deal on this other guitar but I have to act fast. I'll give him one day, then I'm getting the other guitar.

Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah, 'cause if it's not a Tokai - you're OUTTA HERE, pally!!!

Seriously, tOm, I can sympathize with your Ebay situation. Hope you get the guitar you're looking for.

K, here's the latest...

The tokai dude still didnt reply of cours, so he's gettin' a minus one...

The other guitar I mensioned was an ebay thing as well(non-tokai, sorry guys), and the seller insists I pay with this on-line money transfer thingy. He's got zero feedback and he's suspiciously friendly. He said he'd pay for the shipping even though it said in the auction that the buyer pays for all shipping costs. He also trew in a free guitar case.

But there's no way he''ll accept a simple wire transfer from my bank to his...Seems like he's more interested in my credit card number then anything else. I e-mailed him back now for the 3rd time and siad it's my way or the highway. Two ebay assholes in a couple weeks time...just my luck :roll:

I've payed and also been payed via the paypal system on ebay. All transactions have been fine but i understand your reluctance.
If you post a cheque you have a real life address 'to send the boys round' if need be. How about you posting this guys email address so's we can all bombard him with spam???!!!! ONLY KIDDING!!!!!

:eek: Trust your instincts! I have had great luck with Ebay and The PayPal system , but if you have a gut feeling , Trust yourself! An upstanding seller will understand your concerns and provide the info to make you feel at ease. Money is to hard to earn thats why I don't gamble. Good luck my Tokai brother! TG :D

The seller finally mailed me back. He sais there was something wrong with his email account or something to that effect.

Looks like I'm buying the tokai after all:)

Lil' update: That other guitar I was gonna buy from that guy who insisted I'd pay with this dodgy online thingie...

After I told him him the deal was of unless he let me pay with a wire transfer from my bank to his, he agreed and he asked me what info I needed. I mailed him back but I never heard of him since.

Today I got an email from another ebayer who had suspiciouns about the same guy. He and a bunch of other ebayers had the feeling they were getting screwed so they asked me if I had his adress and stuff.
Just so you guys are warned: Watch out for this unregisterd ebayer "offroad8".

Back