Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai Love Rock possible 1985?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clmazza
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on a great find at an incredible price!

Looks similar to my 85 LS60 but without the FMT....

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=24854&highlight=#24854

GarysBlues
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that LS-60 is in fantastic condition. It looks like a 2007 built last month! really! Is it played at all?
clmazza
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarysBlues wrote:
Damn that LS-60 is in fantastic condition. It looks like a 2007 built last month! really! Is it played at all?

Thanks... ! It's in excellent condition. Played very often but with care
GarysBlues
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if I could get a few MORE real GOOD photo's up of this LS-50 before I go to Calif. on Sunday. The Neck joint is DEFINATLY a Long Neck Tenon and VERY similair to Gibsons Vintage or Custom Shop. By looking I believe the ONLY difference is the Tokai is MAYBE a 1/8 of inch shorter. It appears just slightly shorter than a CS LP. Also I want to get a real close up of the back also. It ertainly appears to be a ONE-piece. I have been Anal with my Gibson/s. As of 05 Gibson started putting 2-piece backs on their Standards which is the first year EVER for that. So I spent much time looking at there Craftsmanship. All in All its pretty easy to tell...not so much by looking directly at the back sometimes though. BUT..the BUTT end by the Strap-Button is a Dead Giveaway. You will clearly see the two-piece's MEET with the different grain patterns. That is NOT the case on this 85 LS-50. I can't find seams anywhere. Gee the more I look at this the more I'm impressed with it. I'll get photo's up for the purpose of model identification and clarification to certain notions that simply may not be true! I was under the impression LS-50 didn't have LONG NECK TENON'S or ONE PIECE Backs? I MAYBE being fooled [maybe] with the guitars back. BUT the neck tnon is Very obvious. Thanks Gary.
GarysBlues
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading my last-post. Not to give the wrong impression about Les-Paul Standards, Gibson let me clarify. I has seen a few 2-piece backs on LP-Standards since 05. Not sure if its stopped for 07 or become worse. The Classics, Vintage Mahogany Studios? They are much more common with 2-piece backs. Matter of fact I haven't seen a Studio with a One-Piece back though I have heard they exist as they also exist with the Faded Standards. Brazilian Rosewood boards on LS-50's? Is this a possibility? I was asked and I don't think my LS-50 is. Its a nice piece of rosewood that resembles Brazilian. I have a CS San Dima's Jackson with a Brazilian Board that has a very similar color to the Tokai. But I think the similarity stops there. Thanks! Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: