Best amp for my Greco LP and WCR Moore/Green pups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black1

Reaction score
Hello all, im looking for a good marshall or other amp for around the $500 range that is best for the Les Paul sound, i am looking at buying a set of the WCR Moore/Green pups which i may put in and i was looking for a good amp to relive this Moore/Green sound, any suggestions would be great, thanks all.

Go for a Crate Vintage club 30. They come up on ebay pretty often. These are good value.

Here's one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crate-Vintage-Club-30-Tube-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ230099869326QQihZ013QQcategoryZ38073QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This will come in cheaper than your $500 and you can spend the rest getting it serviced. Try a EH gold pin 12ax7 in the pre amp stage. Very nice.

Hi,

oldflame is right ...

I've owned a VC50 (2x12) ... in the retrospective I must say "It nailed my Fenders", sweet clean, bluesey growl, nice distortion ... and you could awake the beast in it with a few stomp boxes in front ... :wink: :wink:
disadvantage : Heavy as a truck ...
I've heard that Mark Knopfler played two of them on his European tour at the end of the '90s ...
... and I deeply regret having sold this amp ... :cry: :cry:

Roger

Latest posts

Back