Mint Collection help

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
villager said:
exactly as fiftywatt says ..the early mint collection used old superreal necks, so a few have fret binding..not many though...later mint collection(when the old superreal necks ran out) only the EG59-120 and above have fret binding..

To villager's point, I just got my hands on a 1982 EG57-50. It has the binding on the fret edges. Very different fret wire than I'm used to seeing with the later 80's era Mint Collection series. Fret profile is sort of narrow with a narrow flat crown. This example shows almost no usage for a 25 year old guitar.

shbyx585-img450x600-1169608138656c.jpg

swimrunner said:
did greco (or tokai for that matter) make any lp customs with ebony fretboards?

villager said:
dont think so not 100% sure..ObG did

In the catalog you provided, the EGC68-80 and EGC58-100 are listed as having ebony fret boards.

I was positive that I had played a Greco with an ebony board. I was playing a show a while back and the opening bands' guitarist had an EG68-80 that had an ebony fretboard. We compared his Greco to my ObG and while mine was the better instrument his was no slouch by any means. I would definitely buy one.

swimrunner said:
did greco (or tokai for that matter) make any lp customs with ebony fretboards?

Just doing some researching on the net and came across this OLD necrotic thread lol.
Time to resurrect it from its 3.5 year slumber :D
My Greco 68-100 has an ebony board. These as well as the black 1000C's came with ebony.

4628204080_4922f29385_b.jpg

that's a beauty! I always loved those dark violin sunburst finishes on the 80s Grecos, and this one is probably the best i've seen :)

Back