Japan Buying service

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using MOJ. I didn't quite understand Rinka's deposit policy. With MOJ you put up 50% and you bid. The deposit goes towards the purchase and they bill you the balance AFTER they receive the guitar. I rather like that, it means I won't be getting a box of newspapers instead of a guitar. The process is as fast as the original seller. In this case I won the auction on the 9th and MOJ shipped to me on the 23rd. Back to Rinkya, I believe you put up a 10% deposit and it just stays with them. It does not go toward the purchase. Perhaps Fiftywatt can chime in here and elaborate. I think we will see more of these services pop up. They are a great way to buy guitars you otherwise would not be able to get.

Here is a tip for azuma, if he is reading this. U should add something in your website for asking questions in english to the sellers in Yahoo japan. Then more people are going to use yahoo japan.
How could someone buy a guitar from a person if he wont answer some basic questions. Maybe guys like whitehall can take chances coz he may not be buying the guitar for his use, he may be reselling it for a profit, no offence.
Azuma, if u want more people to use ur service, focus on buyers who are buying it for their own use. And do something for communicating with the japanese sellers.
________
Yamaha Dsp-1 History

anybody buying in japan can ask sellers questions...much like e-bay I presume. i see what you`re saying though. on yahoo japan sellers have the option of automatically adding 10 minutes to an auction whenever a bid is placed within the final 10 minutes , so an auction will last as long as people are bidding...so it`s really important to either follow along as the auction winds down...not always possible due to geography...or bid your maximum and hope you don`t get outbid. lots of buyers seem to bid the 100 yen at a time thing and try to creep up on the highest amount, depends on the sellers minimum bid...could be set at one yen...may be set at 10,000. not sure how things work on e-bay, may be the same as here...never bought anything off the bay... so forgive me if this is common knowledge.

Tats not wat am talking abt. ok, here check this out.
http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e67183869

Its lloks like a nice Orville LPC to me. But when i checked the description it was in japanese. I translated with bablefish.com and it was :

"You to view it is grateful, is. It is USED of Orville by Gibson LPC. Orville by Gibson presently, that you think whether the one which you search with the brand which is not produced it is more. It is the less pole of the Orville by Gibson logographic entering where recently appraisal increases. Body: Arched ??????? mahogany back/neck: Mahogany/finger board: Rose/pickup: Gibson USA original/neck joint: It is the deep joint. Including pickup pegs, it is full original. State of the body is some scar, but, there is no terrible kind of scar where with the picture the xylem is visible with taking viewing. The gold part is some being somber and the like. Also the control circuits, being full original, are the place such as ?????????????. As for volume and tone control there is no ??, but most sound dies away when it is squeezed. You think that at all there is no problem in use, but you make junk treatment once. Furthermore, they are old ones, but the Gibson genuine hard case of the picture belongs. In addition, the auction beginner, as for the one which is bid from carrying, such as mail past it has not been able to have done transaction smoothly because, there is no excuse, but modesty you ask."

Now read the sentence in red font. Wats tat supposed to mean. How am i suppose to clarify wat they r saying exactly if i dont ask them. For that i need to know japanese, which is not going to happen or need a good translating software whic is not available.
________
Free Joomla Themes

actually....I`m not sure what you`re talking about because I can`t translate what you write to English. sorry.

I would have no problem bidding on that auction if I wanted another black OBG custom. The pix are good and clear and when I blow them up I see the serial number. It comes with a hard case and may have some scratches on it. There is a chance that there's a short in the vol/tone pots but in reality probably not. You have to read between the lines in the translations. The seller has 383 positive feedbacks and it looks like he is some kind of store from the backgrounds.

Jim Jones said:
I think the point is you type sort of like you're wearing oven mitts. :)

Jim

bingo.
I figured you used software because of the way it was translated, I use it almost every day with the same results. And honestly I come to sites like this to get a dose of normal English...or did `til I read your stuff :lol:
I have to use the KISS motto everyday in class so it`s refreshing to get away from Japanese and use regular English. My Japanese is not good enough to translate and thats my fault because I never study the language...whatever I know I picked up by osmosis... too many other things I like to do with my free time than study Japanese...going to a local coffee shop today, for example, to get info...with my wife...about having an exhibition of my art work there...had 3 shows already in the city so we`ll see.

Gud news guys,
I found a very gud, working japanese to english translating website.

http://www.appliedlanguage.com/web_translation.shtml

This is the first one i saw translating the whole Yahoo japan auction page without cutting & pasting.
________
STEROID REHAB FORUMS

Guitar arrived and it's fine. A few more dent's than I would have liked but no big deal. I will use MOJ again. A few things to remember: The whole affair is not fast at all. In my case about 3 weeks from the end of the auction to my door. I don't know how fast MOJ pays the seller, and of course you are at the mercy of how fast the seller ships to MOJ. This guitar arrived at MOJ wrapped in corrugated cardboard- not a box. MOJ then put it in a box- no bubble wrap- and shipped. If you are used to shipping from Ishibashi , this is not like that at all.

Back