Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japan Buying service
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitehall
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 99% of the guitars on Yahoo Japan state they will not ship internationally so that would be another reason you might not get a reply.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right...they just don`t wanna have to deal with anything thats not in Japanese.
bluebird007
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but we can can translation to japanese, ans send it in YJA.
________
NEW JERSEY MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by bluebird007 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you know of good translating software, please tell me...the ones I use are not very good.
whitehall
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that it would be readable to the people in Japan. The online translators I use still only get about 60% of the words. I don't recommend these buying services for anyone who is not 100% able to make a buying decision based on photos alone. The guitar I bought may have issues that I am not aware of. And I'm fine with that. These are auctions, you pay your money, you take your chances.
fiftywatt
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Whitehall.. I believe I became aware of Yahoo Japan a couple of years back from a post you made on TGP. I stumbled across Rinkya shortly therafter via a Google search (if memory serves) I've bought a number of guitars via that service. I've not been disappointed at all. It's a bit of work with the hoops you jump through to pay the fees and such, but it's been worth it. For example, this all cherry red Greco EG59 flame top.

Last edited by fiftywatt on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
bluebird007
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wat the heck is TGP?
________
How To Roll A Blunt

Last edited by bluebird007 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Jones
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGP = www.thegearpage.net

Jim
whitehall
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we're done. not bad at all. Guitar was 51,000 yen . total fees came to $51.00. not bad at all. that included the local freight in Japan to Azuma. They sent me the EMS today, be here in a few days. AND, they didn't rip me on the EMS like the Ebay Japs do. $85.00. I'll use them again. Well done Azuma .
bluebird007
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R u using rinkya or mailorderjapan.com?
________
Honda Cb500T

whitehall
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using MOJ. I didn't quite understand Rinka's deposit policy. With MOJ you put up 50% and you bid. The deposit goes towards the purchase and they bill you the balance AFTER they receive the guitar. I rather like that, it means I won't be getting a box of newspapers instead of a guitar. The process is as fast as the original seller. In this case I won the auction on the 9th and MOJ shipped to me on the 23rd. Back to Rinkya, I believe you put up a 10% deposit and it just stays with them. It does not go toward the purchase. Perhaps Fiftywatt can chime in here and elaborate. I think we will see more of these services pop up. They are a great way to buy guitars you otherwise would not be able to get.
bluebird007
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a tip for azuma, if he is reading this. U should add something in your website for asking questions in english to the sellers in Yahoo japan. Then more people are going to use yahoo japan.
How could someone buy a guitar from a person if he wont answer some basic questions. Maybe guys like whitehall can take chances coz he may not be buying the guitar for his use, he may be reselling it for a profit, no offence.
Azuma, if u want more people to use ur service, focus on buyers who are buying it for their own use. And do something for communicating with the japanese sellers.
________
Yamaha Dsp-1 History

sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody buying in japan can ask sellers questions...much like e-bay I presume. i see what you`re saying though. on yahoo japan sellers have the option of automatically adding 10 minutes to an auction whenever a bid is placed within the final 10 minutes , so an auction will last as long as people are bidding...so it`s really important to either follow along as the auction winds down...not always possible due to geography...or bid your maximum and hope you don`t get outbid. lots of buyers seem to bid the 100 yen at a time thing and try to creep up on the highest amount, depends on the sellers minimum bid...could be set at one yen...may be set at 10,000. not sure how things work on e-bay, may be the same as here...never bought anything off the bay... so forgive me if this is common knowledge.
bluebird007
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tats not wat am talking abt. ok, here check this out.
http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e67183869

Its lloks like a nice Orville LPC to me. But when i checked the description it was in japanese. I translated with bablefish.com and it was :

"You to view it is grateful, is. It is USED of Orville by Gibson LPC. Orville by Gibson presently, that you think whether the one which you search with the brand which is not produced it is more. It is the less pole of the Orville by Gibson logographic entering where recently appraisal increases. Body: Arched ??????? mahogany back/neck: Mahogany/finger board: Rose/pickup: Gibson USA original/neck joint: It is the deep joint. Including pickup pegs, it is full original. State of the body is some scar, but, there is no terrible kind of scar where with the picture the xylem is visible with taking viewing. The gold part is some being somber and the like. Also the control circuits, being full original, are the place such as ?????????????. As for volume and tone control there is no ??, but most sound dies away when it is squeezed. You think that at all there is no problem in use, but you make junk treatment once. Furthermore, they are old ones, but the Gibson genuine hard case of the picture belongs. In addition, the auction beginner, as for the one which is bid from carrying, such as mail past it has not been able to have done transaction smoothly because, there is no excuse, but modesty you ask."

Now read the sentence in red font. Wats tat supposed to mean. How am i suppose to clarify wat they r saying exactly if i dont ask them. For that i need to know japanese, which is not going to happen or need a good translating software whic is not available.
________
Free Joomla Themes

Novosel
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...

...speaking Japanese may be the least of your problems

Just kidding bluebird
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: