Ls1000 owners chime in

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow badger, i wish i could find one like this.... its the ideal flametop imho

I was under the impression that numbers one to five arrived in the UK before Christmas. Why has it taken so long for them to get to the owners?

badger,

Congrats - great looking guitar !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

... and I'm glad you've got it sorted out at last ... :wink: :wink:

Roger

tudor said:
badger,

Congrats - great looking guitar !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

... and I'm glad you've got it sorted out at last ... :wink: :wink:

Roger

Thanks Tudor - I'll plug her in and play all day :D :D :D
But it was a long wait!

Badger said:
But it was a long wait!

Yes , I've traced your struggle ... fortunately I've cancelled my deal with with Coda early enough ... :wink: :wink:

How does she sound ??? What kind of pups are in ??

Roger

Well Badger, that's a fine looking guitar. Much nicer than the one I was offered (and declined). I'll bet it plays like a dream.

well......my VF number 10 turned up this morning. It's lovely but it's going back to Coda unless someone wants it for ?950 (50 quid cheaper than Coda). Why is this I hear you scream???? It's the neck, it's a bit on the slim size and my great sausage fingers are having difficulty with it. My Wine Red ls-150 (and these are meant to be based on the LS-150) has a huge neck, so to find a slimmer neck is a disappointment for me. Don't get me wrong the guitar is a beauty - gorgeous looking flame, lightweight and very nice, but as always, these **** necks!

I played it for 2 mins and sadly put it back inside its case.

I'd say 60's slim. I have Gibson's with rounded 59 profiles and its not like those. The neck definitely feels shallower in the grip

Hmm you got me worried now...

I have an LS85Q, so the neck on an LS1000 is slimmer than the std LS85 etc necks?

Can other users confirm this?

I agree it's a shallow neck - similar to my SG 61 reissue. I have big hands - but found it quite comfortable to play.

And now for something completely different: what do you think of the stock pickups of the LS-1000? They come with Gotoh Custom Vintage PAFs. Are they okay for the ones who already own a LS-1000?

Ive just bought 6 of 20

1000Vf.jpg

It should turn up Monday, so i'll post a couple of pics when it does

I CANT WAIT! :lol:

It seems to be christmas in February for lefties! Amo, you got a nice one. Where did you get yours from? I ordered one yesterday from Richtone. Mine will be number 8 of 20.

83.jpg

85.jpg

81.jpg

Is the neck too shallow? Are we talking about a thin neck which may be unstable or something between 59 and 60s profile?

I am used to the profile on my LS85Q and the Fender US std series. How do you reckon the LS1000 profile would fit in?

Lefty Blues said:
Where did you get yours from?

I've bought it from Coda, I got an ES120 from them last years and its a corker and they did a great job of setting it up too

Is yours Violin or HDC?

Amo said:
Lefty Blues said:
Where did you get yours from?

I've bought it from Coda, I got an ES120 from them last years and its a corker and they did a great job of setting it up too

Is yours Violin or HDC?

Mine SHALL be violin, but it is more red than the other violin finishs I have seen so far. But maybe this is a problem of the picture.

By the way: the finishs are a little problem for the series from my point of view. Amo, myself and some others can be happy with the finish of our ordered LS-1000. But some of the other finishs I have seen so far do not really seem to be the announced AAA finishs or have some other imperfections.

Agreed lefty...

some of the pics i have seen at coda are far from very flamey...

Latest posts

Back