K Serial Orville origins

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
togps said:
sneakyjapan said:
ever get the feeling you`re talking to yourself?
?? :eek:

@japanstrat I like your postings. Well done!!

relax...I was kidding.
you mean you`ve never talked to yourself? and I was feelin` a bit sorry `cause he writes all this stuff and nobody replies.

No answers can also mean ...

... we must cope with all those interesting and new stuff ... no time to write ...
... and there's more of it if you want to answer ... and so the procedure is going on and on ... and on ... :-?

Nevertheless - japanstrat - you deserve a conferral of a doctorate for that job - great !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

Ok

Another thing that points into the japanese made is that even if the finish is thicker, it looks like polyurethane on the k orvilles, and most Korean guitars ( even very good ones like Duesenberg) I have tried have a polyester finish.

Good Point.

The K Orvilles have so many differences to the Korean guitars from the 1980's.
If anyone can seriously see any similarities I think they need glasses.
Korea was still trying to get it right in the 1980's.

More evidence about the Orville makers.

At http://music.2ch.net/compose/kako/1005/10053/1005395275.html

in post number 88 a Japanese person says the same thing as Jim Donahue that FujiGen were avoiding making set necks and they also say that Terada made the early OBG's and Orvilles.
I've also seen a 1989 OBG from villagers site with both a sticker and an ink stamped serial number (which is pretty unusual) and the sticker begins with a T which Terada uses.
So the early OBG's and K Orvilles were made by Terada.
I knew the early OBG's and K Orvilles weren't made by FujiGen.
FujiGen joined in with Terada in 1992/1993.
Also the Orville pickups are GOTOH which is no surprise.

When you start seeing different sources saying the same thing theres a pretty good chance that it's right.
So for the solid bodies if you buy a pre 1993 OBG or K Orville it's made by Terada and if you buy a OBG or Orville from 1993 to 1998 it's probably made by FujiGen.

post 88 translated

The o building (Orville) in order to expel the Japanese domestic copy model, is the brand which is born with plan of the fields and mountains (Yamano) musical instrument of the Gibson Japanese import agency. The fender Japan which is established with the same purpose way, it designated truth as the Gibson Japan brand, you applied, but that permission of the Gibson head office did not descend, is. It was produced by the production company, by the way, Terada musical instrument mainly. That at that time, with FujiGen set neck ones had not been produced almost, we have remembered. After, perhaps the domestic ham backing (humbucking) pickup which is mounted in less pole standard and the like of the o building brand, it was GOTO make.

Here is a japanese seller in Yahoo Japan saying K serial number is Korean made.

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n48765023

Can u explain why a japanese guy is saying like tat, when u r clamming the other way
________
No2 vaporizer review

Latest posts

Back