Gibson Japan No More?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

japanstrat

Reaction score
http://www.gibson.jp/

The news of Gibson Official Fan Club Japan sight management end from always the Gibson Official Fan Club Japan sight patronage receiving, thank you for indeed. Well this time, it is management subject of this site, (Inc.) the fields and mountains musical instrument (Yamano) came to the point of with ending the import agency contract with the American Gibson corporation. Attendant upon this, ending the management of this site, because it came to the point of receiving, restraining, we inform. And others to the patronage of the ? the appreciation perpendicular ? it increases. thank you long freshly deeply.

Does it apply only to imported Gibsons into Japan or does it also apply to Epiphone Japan production as well?

heres the trasnlation I got...

Information of Gibson Official Fan Club Japan site management end

Thank you truly for always patronizing the Gibson Official Fan Club Japan site.

Well, Yamano musical instruments Ltd. that were the management subjects of this site this time came to end the import agency contract with United States Gibson Co.. Therefore, I will respectfully inform that the management of this site will be ended in the much more.

We wish to express our gratitude deeply for renewing to ..length.. patronage. Thank
you.

January 26, 2007
Yamano musical instruments of Gibson Official Fan Club Japan
secretariat Ltd.

Big news!!! :eek:

On yamano's site, they say they stop importing Gibson and ?piphone ( and there is sales). It looks like the end of the deal between the two companies so it might be the end of ?piphone japan... unless they find another company to deal with. :-?

Gibson made the public announcement in January that they have dumped Yamano Music as Gibsons distributor in Japan. Japan is Gibson's largest market outside of the USA. Gibson will now go direct to it's Japanese dealers.

The Gibson announcement is

Official Gibson Guitar Statement On Yamano Music
01/26/2007

Gibson Guitar, the world?s premiere musical instrument manufacturer, has announced that Yamano Music is no longer the authorized distributor for the Gibson family of brands in Japan. The decision was mutually agreed upon by both sides and is an amicable parting. Gibson will be selling products directly to dealers in Japan, with details to be announced very shortly. During this transitional time, both Gibson Guitar and Yamano will work together to insure exceptional customer service and satisfaction. Yamano Music will continue to offer warranty and repair services on all Gibson brands.

This new situation will allow Gibson to significantly increase its investment in marketing, dealer support, and consumer support, as well as getting more direct feedback of what Japanese consumers want[/url]

Looks like Gibson is distributing direct to Japanese outlets from the looks of the Gibson Japan site http://www.gibson.com/jp%2Djp/Home/

According to this page the Elitist line is still going.

http://www.gibson.com/jp%2Djp/Divisions/Epiphone/Elitist/

Yes, but not with the open book headstock, it must be like a bad joke for customers in Japan. In Europe we are used to this strange look of the Epiphone Headstock, though it seems most people don't like it.

Crazy, look at the headstock:

http://www.digimart.net/gk_detail.do?instrument_id=DS00264407

If you can't see it, you have to increase the brightness of the foto by software.

the only people I see buying Epiphones in this Japanese city are kids getting their first guitars...I really don`t think the Japanese customers are concerned one iota about whatever Epiphone does here...there were 2 Elite SGs for sale at 50% off for ages in a local shop and nobody wanted them until recently...I doubt after that experience we`ll be seeing any more here. We can now buy used Gibson Les Pauls for about $1000.oo so I think Epiphone slaes are going to dip even further...plus these days there are a lot of great MIJs to choose from but still many natives prefer to spend thousands on MIAs and shops hang their Golden Dealer awards with pride.

Back