Japan Buying service

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i offer this service and i bid directly....

pm me if you are interested....for terms and conditions...

please let me point out that this only works for european buyers, and only for high end guitars costing over ?500 in japan...of course if theres something you just have to have......then it may still be worth it ...

markf

OK, so I WON MY FIRST AUCTION !!!. A nice lefty Greco LP for 51,000 yen. Will post the toal with fees when they invoice me.

Cool, thanks much. Can you post the auction link? I'm curious what sort of bidding action it received compared to ebay.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/98628591. Also, I have to give a lot of credit to Azuma. His customer service has been excellent so far.

I was checking in yahoo autions for OBG, and wow......there are some great deals. BUt everything is in japanese. I translated it with babelfish.com, but couldnt find any guitar info like weight, the condition of the guitar,......etc. Can u ask questions to the seller in english in yahoo autions. Help here plz.
Thx
________
Montana marijuana dispensaries

you can try but don`t be surprised if you get ignored. even though most Japanese of a certain age have studied English, there is a real lack of confidence in speaking it and most simply shrug and say they don`t. theres a thread here about a Greco Super Real and my wife sent the seller 3 mails in their native tongue and he still didn`t reply.

R u telling me, these people dont reply to any questions even its in japanese?. Wat if their is not enough info abt the guitar in their description like serial number, korean or japanese made, abt the neck, scrathes on the guitar............etc.
U know wat am talking abt?
If we couldnt get the info properly, how could u bid in confidence and if they dont have a return policy... u'll be screwed.

Is that wat u telling me.......... dude
________
Big Brother Advice

I`ve been called a lot of 4 letter words in my time but this is the first time I`ve been called dude...must be an age thing or geographical.
No...I`m not saying sellers never answer questions, plenty do. I have to translate them all and sometimes it comes out a bit funny but I usually get the gist. yahoo japan is for the most part, for buyers in japan, almost all sellers state they will not ship abroad in their auctions...which is why some guys here have to have japanese do their bidding, so to speak...and why middlemen are now appearing offering services for buyers outside the country.
I AM saying...you can try to ask a question in English but don`t be surprised if you don`t get an answer. most sellers...not all.... state they have no claim, no return policies so keep that in mind too.
dude.

What sneaky says it?s true.It?s not they don?t want to answer you,it?s concerning they are not confidence enough to do it 100% right.Just remember japanese people mind is not equal to western,altough they have been colonized by US a lot of time ago.....they have their own ancient culture inside....very ancient...and very very interesting,it would be worth to take some time to learn from them....

to get a full grasp of the culture i think one must spend years living here...there are some very dark sides to it that are just unknown outside the country because they don`t get reported. theres been a lot of bad stuff happening recently... like several cases of parents starving their kids to death as well as other child abuse. not pleasant.

About 99% of the guitars on Yahoo Japan state they will not ship internationally so that would be another reason you might not get a reply.

if you know of good translating software, please tell me...the ones I use are not very good.

I don't know that it would be readable to the people in Japan. The online translators I use still only get about 60% of the words. I don't recommend these buying services for anyone who is not 100% able to make a buying decision based on photos alone. The guitar I bought may have issues that I am not aware of. And I'm fine with that. These are auctions, you pay your money, you take your chances.

Hi Whitehall.. I believe I became aware of Yahoo Japan a couple of years back from a post you made on TGP. I stumbled across Rinkya shortly therafter via a Google search (if memory serves) I've bought a number of guitars via that service. I've not been disappointed at all. It's a bit of work with the hoops you jump through to pay the fees and such, but it's been worth it. For example, this all cherry red Greco EG59 flame top.

89_Greco_EG_cherryFlameLP.jpg

Well we're done. not bad at all. Guitar was 51,000 yen . total fees came to $51.00. not bad at all. that included the local freight in Japan to Azuma. They sent me the EMS today, be here in a few days. AND, they didn't rip me on the EMS like the Ebay Japs do. $85.00. I'll use them again. Well done Azuma .

Back