Greco Les Paul copy

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wxman

Reaction score
I'm looking at a Greco EG with a serial number of D 4xxxx, that apears to have a large headstock and dry pickups. Poor pictures, but supposed to be a Mint COllection. Does this sound like a feasible combination? If it is, it should have a solid top I would guess. Thanks for any help.

Hi Wxman, pickups are correct for mint collection higher end models, the D is the month built as in april, {A is january and so on} the only thing i'm not sure of is the serial no, i have a mint collection egc and my serial no starts with L {dec}
then the year 83 so i'm not sure why yours only has a 4 for the date?.
Send Villager {forum member} a private message and he will be able to tell you for sure :D

My guess is it's from 74, then the large headstock is logical, and it's not a mint collection in that case. letter-serial numbers were used from 74-80 and 89-... mint collection is from 82 to 89/90.

mint collection rarely have solid flametops..just the ultra high models....if its 74 it cant have dry PU unless they have been swopped...really need pics to say any more...

Back