fernandes burny olds strat copy

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhager

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anybody have information on Fernandes Burny Olds strat copies? I just picked one up with serial no 62807 on the last fret. no other numbers except stc made in japan on the trem block and it has gotoh tuners. The pickups have brass plates on the back like a tele but the pots look like they have been changed so the pickups may have also. it looks ancient and has no strings so I have pulled it all apart because I reckon it's going tpo need a pretty major overhaul. Any background would be great. I did a google search on it but only came up with some Japanese sites with little or no information about it.
Cheers,
M

FST model '76 made.See pickups routing and neck butt for more information.
Fernandes Burny Olds were Fender pre-CBS replicas.
First quality attemp to replicate vintage guitars.Some were laquer finish,being the highst end a FST-120 Model.
Great seller at the time but expensive. Japan market only.
Never tried one,I?m very curious.

Luis,

Thanks for the information :D I pulled the pickups out and neck off but did not find any markings on it. It looks like a 50's Strat with 2 tone sunburst and the small oval plug on trussrod. It has a pretty Chunky neck and 3 way switch but also a 11 hole single ply pickguard. Not sure how to tell if it has Poly or Nitro but the neck has turnes really dark yellow like someone blew the smoke from a million ciggaretts on it.
here are a couple of photos
DSC00105.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

cheers,
m

Latest posts

Back