yamaha sg line

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaigeek

Reaction score
i came across a yamaha sg400 and a yamaha sg3000 but am having a hard time getting info about them over the net. can anyone help me try to figure out dating for these guitars? i've been a bit lucky with the sg3000 but the info is still far from enlightening. and the sg400? forget about it. i can't find anything!

thanks for your time and i hoping some of you can help me out. :D

Now as I'm the owner of a beautiful SG2000, I found out how hard it is to get some information on these series! Sending an e-mail to Yamaha Europe was pointless...no result at all!

I even have trouble dating my lady...when I use the serial number wizard on Yamaha.com page it returns "invalid serial number"! :eek:

So any advise on how to find out more about Yamaha's SG series and on how to date my axe will be appreciated.

Hi there.....

I know this question was posted over a year ago, but anyway...

If you go to the Vintaxe site, click on Links (far right), and then look for the heading on Japanese Guitars... There is a link there for the Yamaha site, which is in Japanese, but there are pictures and specs (in Japanese) of the SG Series of Guitars by Yamaha.... Very useful, i was looking at a SG700 from Yamaha and i found it there....

hope this helps....

Chum

Thanks a lot, but in the meantime I got some help from mimasu at the japanaxe forum, who used "The History of Yamaha Guitars" book to date my SG. According to that book my axe is from 1980.

when got my SG-800, the p`ups were stamped with the Japanese dating system and my wife figured it out to 1981. They use the Gregorian calendar but they still use their old calendar based on the year of the emperor`s reign as well.

Back