Bacchus

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villager

Reaction score
well just got my first one ..one piece mahog body and neck 2 piece maple cap ..finished in oil ..which is really nice as you can feel the wood unlike nitro or poly...
this is a BL 120 model from about 98 and it is a screamer!! really impressed with this ...I think I prefer the look of a nitro finish ...but this really feels great to play and it has some serious tone ...long tenon ..all 500k pots and nice caps ..they make nice guitars for sure ..I would rate the sound with the nicest of the Orvilles/burny's..it hasn't quite got the beating of high end greco's or the Orville by Gibsons ...but its cheaper ..
all in all I give it a 9/10..

anyone played one of these?

I own a few. have a tele in that dark brown oil finish. All the ones I have I hand picked and I have a few limited editions like the SRV Charlie, the Muddy tele, and I have a high end tele that came with Fralins. I own more tele customs and strats too. Also a Les Paul jr... I really like the Bacchus line.
Few years ago they decided to stop making clones of the US big two and produced their own designs. That lasted a year or two and I guess they weren`t selling as well as they`d hoped because they got back into the clone thing about 3 years ago. I have a few with 4 and 5 digit serial numbers... really early models. I don`t have a Bacchus Les Paul yet... but theres a custom in the local used shop.

It seems Bacchus(Deviser/Momose) has reissued some LP and strat models as far as I know.But be aware as there are some chinese (or the like) Universe series(lower priced). I' ve never tries any Bacchus but specs seems very good to be.

yes , they made the clones, they stopped making the clones now they make them again. Their MIK line is called Brian. The Universe series are easy to I.D....they say so right on the front of the headstock. They also make Riverhead guitars and basses. They also make Headway acoustics.
Their new Les Paul series are called Duke...with a few models and their PRS look-a-likes, the Licks series. Every now and then they made limited series guitars, and some cost as much as Gibsons or F/USA custom shops.
villager .....those LPs like yours are very nice. They had strats, teles like mine and LPs like yours all finished in oil. I love my tele, plays great and looks the same.
Forgot to mention my SRV #1 copy that they made a few years ago. They have begun making it again but the original limited series has the brass bridge block... the new ones don`t.

Meanwhile, the Tokai otakus are selling/bying Tokai guitars for twice their values on ebay... :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :) :-? :cry:

My only concern about Momoses(in the high end side) is a not accurate routing in strats aI 've seen. Like 90's American strats from Fenda

yeah well the prices for Bacchus are going up on the used market too. Maybe the locals have realised how nice they are.

Locals have realized how good are these guitars yet.I rember when I could get a Reborn at 40.000 yen :roll: .So,when I see that really high figures I can ?t believe it , specially on LS60 and LS50 models.

villager said:
this is a BL 120 model from about 98 and it is a screamer!! ................. anyone played one of these?

I recently acquired a BLS-120 in natural; pots are date coded to 2003. This one weighs in at 8 lbs. 9 ozs.
BLS-120.jpg

I've been a big fan of the BST Strats (6 pictured here) for a few years
BST1.jpg

I had this BFV-58V for a bit
BFV-58VFriends.jpg

I have to agree that Bacchus quality pretty much kicks booty..............

Hi there guys.....

I keep encountering the brand "Brian" by "Bacchus".... I'm not very familiar with Bacchus as it is..... But from the pics i've seen, they seem to be nice, at least they look very nice.....

Anyone out there know what the difference is? Is Brian a lower brand?

Thanks, and a Happy New Year to everyone!!!!

Chum

Yes, Brian guitars are made in korea. :)

They're not bad at all but nothing near the best Bacchus.

Bacchus ( I should say Deviser) also have guitars made in China: the "Bacchus universe".

they also had the Bacchus Juniors that lasted a very short time...and Riverhead as well.

Who's the recommended Japanese seller for Bacchus ???

Interested in a 05 G-player ... :lol: 8)

Roger

tudor said:
Who's the recommended Japanese seller for Bacchus ???

Interested in a 05 G-player ... :lol: 8)

Roger

Very difficult to obtain, and they're quite pricey if you can even grab one.

What color are you looking for, maple or rose 'board, and what's your budget?

I'm looking for the Black Burst with the rosewood fretboard ... :wink:

Ishibashi just gave me an email ... 100.800 Yen incl. Gig bag plus 16.000 Yen for shipping ...
I saw some for 94.000 already (digimart - if I remember right) - but no answers on my requests ...

Roger

PS - that would also be the upper limit of my budget ... 8)

on Digimart you may hit on a shop that will answer mails by foreigners or you may hit on shops that won`t...even for foreigners in Japan. Most shops there will not ship overseas. One place called TC Gakki even states on their web site now that they no longer shop abroad and won`t even answer mails in English anymore. Don`t know why or what happened but I exchanged a lot of mails with them over the years...could be the only English speaker they had doesn`t work there
You couls always keep an eye open a Ishibashi`s U-Box for a used model.

correction...not Musicland Key but TC Gakki...I was thinking about.

Back