Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone annoyed at Russia?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Anyone annoyed at Russia? Reply with quote

...for bringing that filthy radiation into the UK?
I think if the Government are found guilty of any misdemeanour then it could spark a post-cold war rift that could last for years to come.
I'm absolutely disgusted that this has happened. What do you all think?
bruceboomstick
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that the Russian Government/Security Services/Russian Mafia or whoever is actually at the root of it can do whatever they like over here and get away with it.

Thing I don't understand how come they're finding traces of radiation on planes - I mean you can't get on a aircraft with baby milk, yet someone can carry on radioactive material !!??!

On the vaguely humurous side I do find the thought of "Heavy Metal Poisioning" bringing a smile to my face - what a way to go................

But in all seriousness it's an absolute disgrace - I remember reading that Putin was often thought of as "Old School" - not necessarily a communist, but happy to uses their methods.
Hutton Steel
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone annoyed at Russia? Reply with quote

Deadman wrote:
...for bringing that filthy radiation into the UK?

Yeah! Damn right I'm annoyed. We've got enough radiation for ourselves.
bruceboomstick
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah! Damn right I'm annoyed. We've got enough radiation for ourselves.

LOL !!!!

That reminds me - I visited some relatives in Northern Ireland last year, they'd just built a house and one of the things they needed to build in was a foundation layer to shield against Radon gas ('cos it's built on granite and there's a higher level of background radiation than normal!).

Makes me feel better I live in a swamp and all we need to worry about is sea water eating the foundations !!!

Of course we should also remember the beneficial effects of radiation - like making people into super heroes and stuff......

I have a feeling this might be getting a bit sureal - it's just after lunch and I fear that the wine has made be somewhat tired and emotional..........
bunbury
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course we should also remember the beneficial effects of radiation - like making people into super heroes and stuff......

Bruce, if you use it as fuel, it'll make your crotch-rocket glow in the dark. How cool is that!

(And continue the surreal thread, subvert this topic and confuse the non-bikers .... )

Bunbury
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: