18 watt Marshall clones?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think about the 18 watt Dr Z MAZ jr Head ????
This is what I'm looking for ... because it's ready to play - I'm not familiar in building one for myself ... 8)

If you want you can take the version with additional reverb unit ... I love to have a reverb - not much but just as much as necessary ... :lol:

But - it's expensive ... the bad point. :cry:

Roger

10W and 15W'Beta Aivin's amp is more super,especial work with Fender/Tokai guitars.So is its guitar effects.Some guitarist say the effect of Beta Aivin' guitar effect is equal to Boss'.Have you used it?What do you think of it?

Have found my 18 watt clone actually i'm going to get their 36 watt model
anyone interested in having a look go to www.ceriatone.com and have a look . Great prices too :D Thanx TSL

Hey Tudor, Ceriatone will send you the amp fully assembled and ready to use. You do need to mount it in a box though.

Not only do they have great products and prices, but the service is fantastic!

TSL,

Thanks alot ... I just gave them an email !! :wink:

Looking forward to this answer ... 8)

Roger

Not only do they have great products and prices, but the service is fantastic!

Ditto! I?ve bought a tweed deluxe and a 18w TMB from Nick @ Ceriatone a while ago.. and I couldn?t be happier. I haven?t had any GAS for amps since then :wink:

Can anyone tell me where you can get cabinets for amp heads in the UK? I am really interested in getting a Ceriatone 18w TMB for gigging as my 2X12 Marshall is breaking my back. The only issue is I would rather not pay $350 for a wooden cab if I could source a maker in England

For everyone in the UK, there's a few good kits out there from www.ampmaker.com, a 5w 12AX7/EL84 amp with TMB stack and an 18w clone with just volume & tone. These are very competitively priced and ampmaker.com also sell the ply amp head cabinets to match. I didn't make one, instead buying a couple from a guy in Essex who builds his own (Chris Uff - English Valve Amps). They are only on Ebay at the moment but if you see one, they are competitvely priced, sound amazing and are works of art internally (wiring layout etc). I've got the 5w EL84, a 7w with one EL34 (two stage cascading gain with two 12AX7's) and finally the 18w head (with TMB and switchable tone circuit for a remote gain boost). They all might be low wattage but they are all very loud!

Here's one that was sold recently (a 5w head)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120066782436

Once you've had a real amp again, you don't want to go back to the bad old days!!

To follow up on the last message in terms of speaker cabs to go with the low wattage kit at reasonable prices (not 4x12's). Award-Session do some very good ply speaker cabs in 2x10, 2x12 an 1x12 formats at around ?100 empty but ready for use and wired. An alternative is also the Vox 2x12 cab (ply) it's only around ?150 in the UK ready to go (with cheap speakers though) and sounds great with decent speakers in (that's what I've got plus a 2x10 Award-Session cab w/Celestions). Forget cheap stuff like the Marshall AVT series etc - they are made from MDF...

I was having a look at Mojotone and those cabs look great, the only problem is it will cost if I get stung for VAT.

I am almost thinking about a Ceriatione JTM45 head instead of an 18w, that and a 2X12 cab. Then again I wanted an amp that wasnt going to break my back gigging.... I think I need to go and have a word with myself!

Latest posts

Back