• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Valuation please :)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Col_M

Reaction score
Hi, i feel guilty registering only to ask for a valuation but i can't find information anywhere else where i can find a good answer to my question (tried google and ebay).

I have a Tokai Jazz Sound bass thati've owned for at least 10 years since i was in a band at school. It's black with a white front part (that the pickup and wires sit behind), the chrome plate that holds the neck on has L16060 on it. Contition wise it's in pretty good shape, no major scratches or dents. A friend wants to buy it and i have no idea what to ask him for, i want to sell it for a price that will leave us both happy.

Any ideas how much it is worth? UK? would be best for estimates but US$ will at least give me a ball park figure :)

I'd be very thankful to anyone who can help me :)

Warm regards and a Merry Xmas and new year to everyone :)
Colin

Edit: Photos below

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

One similar to yours recently sold on eBay UK for ?410. It was an early/mid 80's model, and judging by the photo's, it wasn't in anything like as nice condition as yours :D

Thanks Neil :)

do you have any idea how much the condition of mine would put on top of the ?410 for that scruffy one on ebay?

My guess is that you'd be lucky to match that price - it was a very well worded ad which wasn't necessarily 100% accurate - I think the seller may have just got lucky :wink: They usually seem to go for around ?300ish although that fluctuates wildly and I haven't noticed as many cropping up as there used to be.

Why not keep it? It's a lovely bass. Or failing that - why don't you send it on over to me to look after for you :D

Neil

Well i'm planning on moving abroad early next year so i'm trying to clear out my possesions, that and i haven't played it in about 7 years, it's just taking up space and would be better off going to a good home with someone who would use it :)
I'm not sure if my friend could afford it so i may offer it up for sale here or ebay in the future.
Thanks for your help Neil, i really appreciate it :)

Colin

Back