New Images of New Everest '59 Burst LP 10/20 Update

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramsale

Reaction score
Here's the new addition to the family with some new pictures......
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=868611

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=868610

Ramsale.....Wow! Your guitar is beautiful.....Alot prettier top than on mine and very flamey! looks just like mine in color and overall also...Nice axe bro. if you plan on upgrading anything get ahold of me for help....

John

John,
Don't be too jealous of the flame on the top...it's a Photoflame job. I like it, and they copied a nice burst, but it's really a paper picture over who-knows-what kinda wood. The sound of this guitar is religious, and it could be balsawood for all I care. I got it for a "beater LP", but it's giving my Heritage a run for it's money... (Both are extreme fun to play, but the Heritage has a definite edge in overall quality and playability. They do sound about the same, though...)

Dave.....The guitar looks really pretty but like you say,if it sounds good that's really what's most important...I Know the top on mine isn't really a maple top....I'm told the specs on it are sycamore maple,but another source told me it's not a one peice top? I'm not going to get too caught up in all this knowing that a 59 reissue from gibson was $3500 or better.....YOW! Can you say DIVORCE! ;o)

So dave,any mods to your les paul or is she stock and perfect like she is?

John

It came from Canada (Mike's) with VERY light strings and the action was kinda high. I put some 11-49s and lowered the bridge till it's where I like it. I have this illness where I buy copy guitars, or seconds, and seem to be completely happy and at ease with 'em. (Go figure...) Anyway, the LAST thing I'd spend 4 grand on would be a Gibson Historic. There are too many great guitars out on the market for a thousand or less... My problem is that I want 'em ALL! The last Gibson "Classic" I saw was $1800 and had hideous GREEN fret markers. I guess they were trying for an aged look, but they only made it appear like the plastic inlays were soaked in green tea, or molded. Check one out sometime. I also saw a picture in Musician's Friend catalog that also had the green inlays. It's funny what the marketing people will try and do...

:eek: Yeah I have noticed the green inlays on the Classics, I was fortunate to get one of the first Classic 60's in 92' when it was the hot new Gibson the inlays are perfection! Also the first editions read "Les Paul model"on the headstock, mine is a plain top honeyburst. With aged nickel covers that I installed it has a great vintage vibe! Wife bought it for my birthday from Guitar Center , the salesman is one of my buddies he helped pick it out and gave her a great price ! out the door for $1200! worth every cent! :wink:

Those are pretty neat guitars. You must have a special wife, to be buyin' stuff like THAT for you! Mine would like to see me sell a few off... (ha!)

I listed every guitar Mrs. Tokaiguy has given me in the "Stir it up" thread check it out 1st page 9th post...She bought the Flextone Duo I got last week for my birthday, well I bought it , she found it in the music room and knows my stuff so well that I was asked were it came from. When I told her I paid $300 for it on Ebay! She said "In that case big boy," Happy Birthday to you!" Now I guess on November 3rd all I get is a Spanking! I can live with that! :wink:

Back