LS 150

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaihunter

Reaction score
Hi
All of your expert whit a verry high wisdom on Tokai.
I?ve been read a lot here for the last year, and I?m now sure that my next guitar must be a Tokai Ls before 85?

Like to hear what you think about this LS 150 82?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130047536243&rd=1&rd=1

Thanks
Tokaihunter

Hi,

... and welcome to the forum !! :lol:

This is a nice guitar - from the description ...
... but the seller should send close-ups from the cavities, the back of the pups, the headstock front and back.
In one of the cavities there must be an inked type marking or a sticker on the back of the headstock.

Look at my '85 LS150 ...

T20.jpg
[/img]

T15.jpg
[/img]

T21.jpg
[/img]

Roger

It's hard to imagine they would put such an ugly finish and fake looking veneer on a LS150 isn't it?

tubedogsmith,

Do you think it's a fake ?? :roll:

The color isn't that good - but I personally don't like CSB ... so my 2cents are not important on that ...

So - he should check the specs ! 8)

Roger

tubedogsmith said:
It's hard to imagine they would put such an ugly finish and fake looking veneer on a LS150 isn't it?
+1, tubedogsmith
Yeah, it's very simple.
You should know the specs. of the guitar.
If not, ask the forum experts.
Ask the seller for detailed pics,
If you get an answer from the seller, ok!, if not, don't go for it!
That's it.

Oh Mark,

... you're right - but ...

look at my pics - there they are .... !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Roger

Oh Mark,

... look at my pics - there they are .... !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Roger

Oh Mark,

... look at my pics - there they are .... !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Roger

Oh Mark,

... look at my pics - there they are my Dimarzios .... !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Roger

I believe I am seeing quadruple this evening ..musta had a beer too many....hehe...yes i see yours roger... double hex from the front no doubt too...

from the back could also be dimarzio paf...same backplate...

also if there is a written ink 150 anywhere in the cavities ..its also better if its under the clearcoat ..yours obviously has that lovely sticker too..which helps to verify..

so to clarify...look for double hex dimarzio with original solder joints ..that combined with a nice flame would make me 80% sure its a 150...if you have the sticker intact then that puts me up to 90%, and if theres a 150 written in a cavity..onto bare wood 95% under the laquer 100%...thats what to look for in a 150.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

... you see - I've also my difficulties ... posted 3 times - incredible !!!! :lol:

KIPPIS (Finnish) - Cheers - Prost (German) - A votre sant? (your language in the future :lol: )

Roger

Hi Lars,

Oh yeah! And you and me should be drinking in the "Gr?ner Baum" and listen to some live music instead of sitting in front of these d*mn screens!

... ja das machen wir - gute Idee !! :lol: :lol:

... and Mark will visit us when living in France ... 8) 8)

Roger

tudor said:
Hi Lars,

Oh yeah! And you and me should be drinking in the "Gr?ner Baum" and listen to some live music instead of sitting in front of these d*mn screens!

... ja das machen wir - gute Idee !! :lol: :lol:

... and Mark will visit us when living in France ... 8) 8)

Roger

Wir sind fast jeden Freitag da, wenn meine S??e mich vom Flughafen abholt, gehen wir meistens noch auf einen Drink in den "Gr?nen". Nur heute waren wir einfach zu m?de - der Flug hatte 1,5h Versp?tung! :evil:

N?chsten Freitag?

Sorry guys... this was just for tudor as we are living in the same town!(will post a translation on request! :lol: )

Back