Another happy tokai owner ;)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RG505bk

Reaction score
Now it's official, I'm a proud owner of a beautiful LS-75Q in amber burst (I guess thats what you'd call it). Plays like a dream and sounds wonderful, like a choir of angels if needed ;) Anyway thanks to all of you who replied my other post about the tokai Les Paul Custom, the guitar is still out there - for 650 Eur (case included). If you're interested take a look at this site: www.kitarapaja.com

Rg......Welcome to the land of Tokai worshipers! ;o) I'm a very recent Tokai Love Rock owner....I just got mine less than a week ago and it's a great guitar...Thought I'd chime in after seeing no responses to you yet...Congrats to you and enjoy your new friend. ;o)

John

Becareful! you will become infected like the rest of us! :wink: Congrats! Caint wait to see it!

Congratulations!

I know exactly how you feel. At the moment I'm waiting for a Tokai Firebird I bought from Canada (I WILL post the "verdict") and last night I just as well secured the most beautiful Lap steel I've ever seen at eBay.
70 year old, all mahogany, gold leaf ornamentation, perfect condition.

Ahhh, the rush of getting a new guitar...........
:D

Gregert

:D :D :D
Me too!!!!!!
I have recently become the proud owner of an '85 Love Rock, which is the finest instrument imaginable! I was going to announce it in the local paper, but the missus advised me against it, so i'm announcing it here instead. Shes a flame top cherry sunburst number, and as far as I can tell, it looks for all the world like a solid flame top, as opposed to a veneer. Also the neck is quite slim, compared to the G****ns I've tried, does this make her a replica of a "1960" LP i wonder? The pickups are enclosed "Tokai paf '57"s . Could anyone help me out on the model number this is? Also, anyone in the UK with a Love Rock case they don't need? Please get in touch, and keep up the good work on this site! :D :D :D

Still in love with the guitar, too bad my amp blew a couple of weeks ago ;( It's seems it's time to see an amp doctor... It works fine for a couple of minutes, then it just fades to silence, I'm hoping it's the tubes, since it'd be a relatively easy, not to mention _cheap_, to fix. But it's not been that long since the last retube and I definately have not driven the amp to death - it just seems it's slowly dying anyway ;)

Congrats toweysan

Taking a pickup out should reveal whether its a laminate top or not - just look at the profile of the wood in the cavity (there may also be a model stamp in there if your lucky). I don't want to rain on your parade but the vast majority of old flametop LRs that turn up in the UK seem to be laminate tops, (thats not to suggest for a moment that they're inferior guitars though) so if you've got a solid flamer then you're very lucky.

Enjoy it :D

James

:-?
Me again
In reply to the above posting, as far as i can tell, it is a solid flame top. The lines on the flame go all the way through the cap, so unless someones doctored it to make it look like a solid top, then yes, it appears that i am a very lucky man. As to serial nos. in the front pick-up cavity, well, there is none. by the way, on the subject of pick-ups, the screws on the p-up surrounds were rusted to buggery and i had the devil of a job to get them out (to see if there was a serial no. in there!), and i've travelled the length and breadth of Leeds, but can't find any screws which match. Anyone got any ideas? :-?

I took out the pick ups, because I wanted to have a look at the top, wether it's veneer or not. Well I couldn't tell, it sure looked awfully solid to me. Same thing with the back, it definately isn't 2-piece it looks more like a one piece body to me. The sales person told me it was the top of the line Tokai, still I don't it's anything more special than LS-75Q.

Hi Rg505bk.This is the more expensive model avalaible here in Europe,but there is a LS200 and a LS320 avalaible in Japan that are high end.,see catalogos pageI have seen LR "Custom Models" above this price,see Universe on links.

About screws, what about the local hardware store? Unless it's gold, of course... Any luthiers nearby? Since this is a Gibbo style guitar, you should be able to use Gibbo parts, if you're not all about ariginality....

Latest posts

Back