Need To Know

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodgod

Reaction score
I fell kind a dumb asking this but I dont know. does the japanese tokai plant make acustic guitars like the j200 ? all the 200s I see on ebay say korean remember you learn by asking thanks the woodgod

Hi guys! Greetings from a new Tokai fan (AST-62 & LS-50 so far)!

From looking at previous posts and the catalogs, it seems that the "Cat's Eye" guitars are made in Japan. But the vintage copies sold on eBay are Korean.

Wood's post brings up something I've been wondering about, though. Does anyone here have one of the Korean acoustics? How would you grade the quality? I've had some Korean acoustics that were unspectacular (being diplomatic). But the eBay Tokai acoustics are so pretty and cheap! I can't resist their Siren song much longer. How do they compare to similarly priced solid top Japanese guitars (i.e., used Takamine, Yairi, etc.)

Thanks,

Joe

:)

HEY! JOE thanks for the reply I have had the chance to play a very cheep older tokai acustic that was made by tokai for Cleveland music it was BBBeat up bad but it sounded very nice have not played a good on yet but I have a friend that has a killer white Yairi acustice/electric if your interested I can hook you up. MMy Wife told me today that I could bid on a j200 I will her keep thinking that it was her idea ha! ha!ha! thanks for the reply TIM the{WOODGOD]

Latest posts

Back