**The Unofficial Show Your Tokai(s) Thread**

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a LS60 1984 ...

1984%20LS60.jpg

... and this is a LS60 1985

1985%20LS60.jpg

Which finish do you prefer?

The colour of the second one reminds me of the stuff you get at the dentists to wash your mouth out. Or maybe it?s the same colour as the sauce you get in small polystyrene containers in Chinese restaurants in the Netherlands. Either way, the other guitar has more taste.

Hi to everybody!
So this is my first actual Tokai since a lotta years! Arround 1990 I ordered a black LP standard Tokai, but it was not good with the neck! The neck was too straight! For that reason I quit my interests on Tokai at that time , but now I?m back on it!
I just finished work on my "viola" (matt finish) , changing the two vol.pots to CTS, making a ?59 wiring with mallory caps, giving it a switchcraft jack, and a pair of great pickups with covers! Also "viola"?s having an aluminum Gotoh stop tailpiece now, and this guitar really sounds great now! Here?s the pic! - The other one still needs that work to be done! :wink:
Good on ya, "ACY"

viola_satin_01.jpg

tokai_oak_02.jpg

Very nice, ACY ... !!! :eek:

Is togps (Gottfried) responsible for that ??? :wink:

BTW - I've done the wiring and the change of the switch, too. Did you mount single conductor braided shield wires for your '59 wiring? Andreas Kloppmann gave me the advice to make the complete wiring with it and it is a tremendous upgrade in tone IMHO.

Roger

Hi!
Yep, that?s been that bad wicked Gottfried! He?s like the snake in paradise! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
What do ya mean with "single conductor braided shield"?
bye, "ACY"

One hot wire, coated with plaited steel - the ground. :wink:

You can find it very often at the HBs that are not to be splitted ...

Roger

Here is my pride & Joy among my guitars. I bought it from INSTRUMENTS INTERNATIONAL on Ebay, very nice to do bussines with, by the way :)

I have put on black pickupcovers and change the knobs to speedknobs, it fit right in, I think it enhances the look, doesn?t it ? Here?s the picture of her.

Tokai1.jpg

Anders
Sweden

Man those are a lot...

I'm not such a fan of the shape, however, they pass across an image of a very sturdy/toneful guitar... I haven't tried one, however I get a feeling they must sound awesome.

es120.jpg

this is my es 120.
I replaced the tuners with some gotoh rotomatics, changed the pots and wiring and I am about to change the pickups for some gibson '57 classics.

TALBO's make me shudder....dunno what it is.
Dicky headstock I guess...reminds me too much of a Vox teardrop.

That naughty Togps. I'm not wild about the Talbo shape either - too aggressive looking. Do they play well?

That LS70 look's nice.

Returning to sanity, here's another shot of 'ole '79.

P1010002.jpg

Latest posts

Back