TOKAI SG

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gergo

Reaction score

first time user.

i got an offer for 600 EUR, with original Gibson humbucker and a Seymour Duncan humbucker. 2 years old, i think 61 reissue. dark cherry. beautiful in very good shape.

could anyone confirm me if it is worth?
(i tried a TOKAI SG once with the original Gotoh pickups, i liked the sound, however the neck was out of tune)

i'm just reading and learning about Tokai on the net, but as far as i got, i think it could be a reliable/loveable guitar.

gergo

Hi gergo,

The Tokai SG currently sells new for around ?600 (about 950 Euros) here in th UK. I don't know whether thats expensive for Europe or not though. Perhaps try and find out the new price in your country first. 600 Euros doesn't sound too bad to me, if its in good condition. Bottom line: if you like the guitar and think its worth the price then go for it.

James

thanks james.

parameters for this SG:
2000 model
gibson and SD humbuckers
very good condition

unfortunatelly i have not seen any tokai SG-s in shops around here (Hungary), i tried one but in private.

gergo

:D I have both a Japanese TSG-60 SG and a SG-60 from Korea and as with any two guitars of the same model by the same company they both are different yet the same! Did that help? :eek: I find that the Korean one sounds just like Clapton during the Cream years/and the Japanese one is more of a Duanne Allman/ Angus Young tone 8) As for cost Ibought the Japanese SG for$300. in 86" and the Korean for $450 two years ago! Hope it Helps! :wink:

Latest posts

Back