"Awesome Tokai News"

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magentaplacenta

Reaction score
Found this over at Harmony Central
http://acapella.harmony-central.com...ee8a2ef631a84086ac3493a5e050&threadid=1388674

Awesome Tokai News...

Greetings from Godlyke Distributing. We have recently been appointed as the official North American distributor for Tokai Guitars.

Many of you may be familiar with Godlyke, but for those of you who aren?t allow us to introduce ourselves: Since 1998 we have been the North American distributor for Maxon and Guyatone effects, the Bixonic Expandora, the Godlyke Power-All and other high quality products.

We are currently putting the final touches on five official new Tokai models that will debut at the Winter NAMM show in January, 2007. All of these guitars will be high quality instruments manufactured in the original Tokai factory in Hamamatsu, Japan. These new models will be added to our website (godlyke.com) in the near future, and we?ll post an announcement on this forum when this event takes place.

In the meantime, we?d like to clarify some of the issues regarding Tokai?s Canadian distribution for the last couple of years:

Godlyke has been the exclusive distributor of Tokai in the U.S.A. since January, 2004 and Canada since January, 2006. There has been no active or appointed Canadian distributor since 2004. No authentic Tokai?s have been imported into Canada since 2004. There have been counterfeit Tokai?s shipped into Canada from Korea and China before and after 2004. Unfortunately, there is no simple way to determine whether a Tokai is real or counterfeit.

We are excited to be bringing the excellence and quality of Tokai to North America and look forward getting these guitars to the players who have always loved Tokai."

COOL! At least Tokai are on US shores. I am so sick of looking for clandestine ways to get hold of a Tokai.

If anyone is going to winter Namm, please look out for the new design Tokais. They wont be selling any copys here (Like the Love Rocks) but they are designing their own guitars.
[/b]

I hope they are good. Wish they were Love Rocks............ I'm still waiting for my 185 and ES 155, they told me end of September and here we are.... I am loosing my mind waiting. :eek:

Mark

"Godlyke has been the exclusive distributor of Tokai in the U.S.A. since January, 2004 and Canada since January, 2006. There has been no active or appointed Canadian distributor since 2004. No authentic Tokai?s have been imported into Canada since 2004."

I wonder what JSD will make of that statement. :-?

There is already another thread on this subject started by the folks at Godlyke. I've played the new guitars and they are awesome.

No authentic Tokai?s have been imported into Canada since 2004. There have been counterfeit Tokai?s shipped into Canada from Korea and China before and after 2004.

I told this info in several postings to the forum, one and a half year ago.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3818&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Some detailed info of mine were cancelled by admin/moderator :(

Unfortunately, there is no simple way to determine whether a Tokai is real or counterfeit.
In opposite, it is very simple :)

********. Sorry but its not true, doesn?t matter how many times its posted or by whom none of these people, including myself know the true dealings between Tokai and the distributor in Canada. Funny how Tokai wanted the Canadian distributor to carry the new line of MIJ Tokais for North America when according to all these ?experts? they?ve been distributing fakes all these years. Doesn?t make sense to me that if a company knows your dealing fakes that they would still want you to distribute their product..... :-?

And you all wonder why Tokais have such low resale values in America. They do it to themselves with all this type of nonsense.

Yeah I suspected something was wrong with the North American Tokais when I started seeing them on Ebay advertised with maple necks and alder bodies when others were advertising them as mahogany

Hi Guys

Look here:

"PLEASE NOTE: Tokai guitars will no longer be available in Canada once current supply runs out so if your interested in one get your orders in now. Supply and finish selection is limited."

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6474

JSD said:
********. Sorry but its not true, doesn?t matter how many times its posted or by whom none of these people, including myself know the true dealings between Tokai and the distributor in Canada. Funny how Tokai wanted the Canadian distributor to carry the new line of MIJ Tokais for North America when according to all these ?experts? they?ve been distributing fakes all these years. Doesn?t make sense to me that if a company knows your dealing fakes that they would still want you to distribute their product..... :-?

There has been no active or appointed Canadian distributor since 2004.

They were very cheap three years ago, and I mean very cheap including Reborns. I?d never though in any way old Tokais would command the money they get now...but this is the capitalism era so...and I guess they will get up in value again...It?s very funny as far as we have the guitar we want and they stand their value too(wish was not the ususal until now).Great!

I thought the only active tokai distributor in canada was Active.

Am I wrong?

Latest posts

Back