Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here's A Way to increase a pot's rated value if it reads low

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratdeluxer
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:30 pm    Post subject: Here's A Way to increase a pot's rated value if it reads low Reply with quote

I was messing with some 500k CTS pots tonight that are new extras and I was noticing that most were reading only around 420k or so.I wanted to also make a couple more No Load tone pots for my SG and my Les Paul...

The solution: Take the pot apart and scrape carbon away from the inside ring around the full circle with your ohm meter hooked up...You can literally watch the resistance reading climb as you carefully scrape small amounts of carbon away within the center of the disc..It was very quick and easy to go from the 420k to a bit over 500k..Pretty cool mod for those pots that scimp on the values! ;o)

John
stratdeluxer
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh no questions? A bunch of know it alls huh?

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: