Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overdrive pedals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eigil
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: That it is! Reply with quote

The Carl Martin pedals are built to last forever, have the best posible cirquits, and have their own built in powercord. Besides they sound amazingly transparent, with great warmth!! Neat aye? The Carl Martin effects should be available in the US, since I have read about Americans using 'em. You should also check out the Compressor/Limiter - Best there is they say!! It is as good as a Tuberack compressor, and is perfect for both studio and live. That will be my next Carl Martin purchase! I now own the "Chorus XII" (best I've heard!!)
Regarding that Pedalman Tubescreamer, they are butique, and I believe you must speak to the pedalman himself. I believe there are just a few of them left, so hurry up!
loverockerUK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

null

Last edited by loverockerUK on Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Watto
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite overdrive is the HOTCAKE. They're handmade in New Zealand www.melmusic.com.au/hotcake/hotcake.html and true bypass,

my second favourite is the maxon od808 which i've added the rare texas instruments 4558p op amp and the fulltone 9 pin true bypass switch

thirdly is my Ibanez ts9/808 brown mod

Watto
ScottA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody mentioned Keely earlier:

I've got an Ibanez TS9 with the "808 mod plus" from Keely. It's really nice. I A/B'ed it against my neighbor's stock TS9, and it was much more transparent, and without the mid boost that TS9's usually have. Nice and warm. Worth the money.

But all, that said....I don't even have it on my board right now. I had to make room for a compressor. I get all my distortion out of my amp. Best way to go!
Blues Junior
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Keeley BD-2 and SD-1 (which i own) and BD-2 makes my Laney LC15R breathe, it has a great sound! The SD-1 is much mid ranged, and it's a great Hard rock overdrive, i love it! Now, im buying a blues overdrive, and the finalists are Barber LTD, and the Keeley BD-2. I woudn't ever consider Barber, but when i read the rewiev on Harmony Central, i thought, i should give it a try. The real problem is, i can't try it anywhere, so maybe some one of you guys tried it, and he could say something about it!
FordFanJpn
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: OD Reply with quote

I build my own amps based on the Dumble ODS, so generally I don't need an OD pedal. However, sometimes you need one for a jam session or whatever, so when Robben Ford started using the Zendrive, I bought one. I like it so much I ordered a couple more. Best OD pedal I have ever used.

Bill
NedKelly
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always go by the feedback i.e. Harmony Central.

If they don't have feedback on Harmony Central forget it.
Deadman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAPHON E200D. Made in China, metal casing, the same chip as the Ibanez TS-9. Sounds identical to the Ibanez TS-9.

?15 new on Ebay. Bargain of the century!
tudor
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radial ToneBone Classic / British

or

Damage Control Demonizer or Womanizer

Roger
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boss OD-3 does it for me (and it even rhymes!)
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 20 year old TS9 that I've retired in favour of a Zoom G2 and the amp modelling features...beats anything i've used hands down.
tudor
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozeshin,,

you're right - the old or modded TS-9 normally give all what you want them to do ... and provide a superbe sound !!

Roger

BTW - I play mine with the Damage Control as a preamp - phantastic !
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it's not technically an overdrive, but the Maxon Distortion Master is pretty........diverting (through Marshall style amps anyway)
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with deadman.

I owned an original Ibanez TS-9 and the DAPHON E200D is so close I can't tell the difference.
Chum
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, and a Happy New Year!!!

I have the following overdrive pedals: a TS5 Iba?ez Soundtank Tubescreamer, a Russian Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi, and a Nobels ODR-1 Overdrive. The sound of the TS5 is quite close to the reissue TS9 Tubescreamer, but its not very durable, as the casing is made of plastic. I'm thinking of having it rehoused in a metal casing.... The Big Muff is more like a fuzz, but it does the overdrive thing quite well too... The Nobels is the best sounding of these three, just my opinion anyway.... equal to the TS9 (i borrowed a buddy's TS9 to compare them; i used a Fender Princeton Tube amp).... I usually hook up the Big Muff and the Nobels, or sometimes a Jim Dunlop Fuzz Face to the Nobels..... I also usually add a dash of chorus (i use the Boss CE2), and that's my sound.... very warm, but i can go to scream mode using the bridge pickup of my Springy Sound.....

Well, that's my set up.... I recently got a Danelectro Fab series Overdrive (they are quite cheap!!!); very nice sounding, although flimsy as well due to its plastic casing.... Cheap though....

deadman and japanstrat, you mentioned the Daphon E200D.... I''m going to look for that one, thanks for the tip!!!

Cheers!!!

Chum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: