HOW MUCH!!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they can ask for ?1500 but they ain't gonna get it!

It don't even have flames :eek:

GB

Not even a vintage dealer in Denmark Street would be mad enough to ask that much - case in point: one of them recently thought they had a Tokai 58 V and they advertised it at (I think) ?799. Its currently readvertised as an unbadged Epiphone:-?
Since the new Tokais came out the prices of the old ones have gone through the roof. It scary to think that there are people out there with such a tenuous grip on reality :) ....

I remeber used LS-80 going for 50.00 yen range of price and now.... Sellers are asking 110.000 yen.People is getting crazy,but we are the guilties.Due to our knowledge we caused inflation :wink: .My AST-56 was 19.800 yen,I don,t know how much money I can ask for it.Maybe I am rich,who knows?

I agree with Luis that this site has got something to do with the price rise. I reckon Ned must have a basement full of NOS Tokais and he's just waiting for the right time to announce a sale :wink:
But seriously, Tokai's profile has been raised a lot recently and its simply a case of supply and demand. Ironic given that back in the 80s people bought Tokais because they weren't bothered about the name on the headstock...

:lol: .... Love it Barry.

If I had that many Tokais I could probably flog the lot and buy a 59' blonde 335 (a far better investment). In fact, James has cleared me out of Tokais except for my black Tele and the 335.

The blokes a chancer. ?1500 for that V is bollocks. You can grab the early Ibanez Korina style V's for around ?600 - ?700 which are usually just as nice and just as collectable.

Curses, Barry has seen through my evil scheme to hold the Tokai loving world to ransom for.......1500 pounds! (little finger in mouth pose). Now what am I going to do with all these Tokais?.....cluttering up my volcanic island lair.....

Wow...only AUS$4,500.00....a bargain. They were AUS$858.00 new.

The Ibanez however does not posess a mahogany body or neck, only ash and maple and so i'm afraid it falls short.......

Still, if this guy sells it for that, he'll be laughing til he pisses his pants. There may be fools silly enough to think that the high price makes it a better guitar than a Gibsooon re-issue.

Now James, about that Volcanic island lair full of Tokais.....

True. The Ibanez is not an exact copy but it's still a good copy.

And they sing man.....they sing.

Does anyone remember Pet Rocks? (Not to be confused with Love Rocks...)

Well Peter, I was considering selling the TST60, but made the "mistake" of playing it over the weekend. Its just too **** nice! Besides, its Mini-Me's favourite......

Just been on the Loot site and theres another Tokai 58 V ad, this time at ?600. Don't know if its the same one (the map location is different and can't see the contact details yet), but its a big coincidence if it aint. :)

Looks like the insanity is spreading just spotted a Tokai V on Wizard guitars site for .......?1200

GB

Where did Wizard get all those nice old Tokais from?! Crazy prices though and a bit of misinformation too (the V is supposed to be one of only a few ever made, and that in a week where 3 turn up for sale :lol: )
Mind you, they're not just garden variety Goldstars and Breezys - there are some nice and unusal guitars there, and I guess when they're going for comparable prices to the new ones they don't seem so bad.....hang on, what am I saying!..... :oops:

Back