Factory in Korea Q&A??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckD

Reaction score
OK I've seen this question several times on the board but no answer. I've also seen that the question's answer did exist but was removed from the Q&A of the president of Tokai. I am reffering to question #11.

So ... Where is the Korean Factory location? What is it's name.
Here's what we know :

a) It is not the Samick or Cort factory.
b) It also produces the following, BC-Rich, Dillion
c) Also they make most likely Micheal Kelly Guitars, OLP guitars, newer Aria Guitars, and Traben Basses.
d) I contacted the above companies none of which are giving up the location. But all reference a "very small" factory in Korea.

I think they make the Tokais as well.

Please don't answer with opinions on how any of these guitars sound or whether they are real or fake etc. etc

Let's stay on track here and pool our info on the location and name.

Both Cort and Samick are loacted in Pupyong-Gu, Inchon I believe. It would make sense that this one could be there as well. However smaller companies like Peerless are in Busan and other parts of the country.

Thats all I know
What do you guys have ??

Any help would be great as I am going over there in October and want to check it out.

-Chuck

Comeon now,
Like I said I have seen the post asked several times already and the replies tend to turn off topic right away like this.

Let's stay on track ok? Location and name... everyone is dieing to know including myself. Don't be critical just the facts will help everyone.

Location?
Company name?

Cheers,

-Chuck

Not everyone, ChuckD, cares where exactly the MIK Tokais are made. You are on your own with this one. :D

Hope you'll find the answer, the truth is out there...

Hi joukov,

That's what I love on this forum: We are together !!! :lol:

Thanks for your support!!! :lol:

Roger

ChuckD said:
... So ... Where is the Korean Factory location? What is it's name.

Seat down my son and listen: Knowledge is power

ChuckD said:
Any help would be great as I am going over there in October and want to check it out.

When you are back from your business trip, may I ask you, to share your Korean experience with the forum?

Sure thing I've giving you all the info I have found thus far, maybe some is not true but hey just trying to help solve what seems to be a big mystery.

Not sure why "Tudor" is so defensive about trying to stay on track and get info. Maybe I come off abrassive? Just tring to be to the point. Yeah not everyone cares. So, some still do. I do! Anyone who doesn't, well why bother replying?

If anyone has some info to share please jump in! That would be very cool. I'll let you know what I discover when I go over there. Maybe even log in from Seoul to give updates.

-Chuck

ChuckD said:
... If anyone has some info to share please jump in! That would be very cool. I'll let you know what I discover when I go over there. Maybe even log in from Seoul to give updates. -Chuck

This absolutely great, Chuck. Please, when you are back, keep us as well update, if this is true, what the Korean girls, do have ...

Could the MODERATERS please delete the non-related post in this topic for me?
Please please please?

I just wanted to keep this a fact "Tokai information source" post. Like all the other posts with this same question someone has come in and ranted all over it. Making it hard to read through. I am partially to blame for this I guess :roll:

Please delete for content, I would be very greatful !
Thanks,

-Chuck

err, isn't the question in the original post basically "whats the address of the tokai factory in korea'??? Dont see where the issue is here!!

Tudor, you're over reaction and comparison to the previous threads seems a little off tilt.

What is the address of the Korean factory? A) Who really cares? B) Why does it make a difference?

Edit: For some really bad spelling!!

-Chuck

Here's a novel idea.....since we don't know, perhaps you could educate us on what you find when you're there. Obviously from your first post, you have alot more insight to the Korean side of things with regard to who makes what over there.

We're a friendly group here and an informative one I might add - that's why you're here, right? While this is a Tokai forum, it's also one built around Tokai Japan and other golden age Japanese guitars.....so please forgive us for our lack of suitable input on Tokai Korea - Relax, man and come back and tell us something.

We're a friendly group here and an informative one I might add - that's why you're here, right?

:eek: I'm not sure that's the impression the first few replies give.

A newcomer asks a question about Tokais - and this is the Tokai Forum, not the Only MIJ Tokais Forum, right? - and presumably is aware of how discussions relating to MIK guitars can be sidetracked by debates about MIJs being superior, so he tries to avoid that possibility before it arises. That seems fair enough to me. Being hostile to newcomers in case they might just happen be a troll seems rather self-defeating on a discussion website.

Getting back to the question, this may be what you alluded to in the 'Q and A' reference but I seem to recall that it's been said that the Korean factory in question only builds Tokais. However, I'm interested in any further information on this subject.

Schocker said:
We're a friendly group here and an informative one I might add - that's why you're here, right?

A newcomer asks a question about Tokais - and this is the Tokai Forum, not the Only MIJ Tokais Forum, right? - and presumably is aware of how discussions relating to MIK guitars can be sidetracked by debates about MIJs being superior, so he tries to avoid that possibility before it arises. That seems fair enough to me. Being hostile to newcomers in case they might just happen be a troll seems rather self-defeating on a discussion website.

I agree wholeheartedly. I do not understand the hostility aimed at ChuckD. And IF someone should have a legitimate gripe with another member, then that is what a PM is for. One can resolve a situation privately, not in public.

Welcome, Chuck. Any info you might happen upon will be welcome here at TokaiRegistry. Happy (and fruitful) travels in Korea.

James

Schocker said:

Very well said Schocker. I'd have to agree with your entire post.

ChuckD - Welcome to the forums.

I was just surprised to see that Michael Kelly guitars are made MIK :eek:
They're being sold over here in Australia as made in the USA.
Straying from the topic slightly.....for you guys in the European and North American markets,your guitars are MIK.
Here in Australia OUR imports are MII(Made in Indonesia)...Peavey...Silvertone...Ibanez....Cort....Epiphone....you'd be amazed at just how many brands are now made in Indonesia.

Sorry for continueing slightly off topic but I can't see how the editing of this thread has clarified the content.

ochay said:
What a joke !!
MIK Tokai's

Mind clarifying that remark! I'm really surprised by some of the replies made by those of whom I thought were reasonably intelligent members of this forum.

ChuckD, sorry this is not on topic but I own 27 guitars, 5 of which are Tokais. 2 are MIJ, 1 is MIK made for the European market and 2 are MIK made for the Canadian market. The 2 MIK made for the Canadian market are dollar for dollar a good buy. The MIK from the European market is ok but definitely not as good as the others.

Well, ochay are my 3 MIK Tokais a joke?

I know for a fact they were once made at the Cor-Tek factory where Cort , Korean Fender and Washburns are made becasue I know someone who got a factory tour there when MIK Tokais were being built.

Inchon, South Korea

Its also the same factory where all Mighty Mite products are made ( although MM's wood is American timber sent out to the factory )

Hope that helps

Contact Details :
COR-TEK Corp.
660 Dungchon-Dong, Kangso-ku
Seoul, 157030 Korea
82-2-3361-1981 ~ 2
82-2-3661-1986, 7

Hey that's great info! Thanks!

But here I found a conflict in info????

http://www.mcguitar.com/ElectricGuitars.htm

It reads:

Samick = Gibson(Epiphone), Washburn, Aria Pro, Rogue, Silvertone, Abeline, Boston, Mitchell, and many more.

Cort = Fender, Ibanez, HAMER, Cort, Hohner.

Apparently Yahama has their own factory.

There is no mention of Tokai, Dillion with BC Rich above...
I have group these guitars together by distributors (Hanser Music Group). Here is their site: http://www.hansermusicgroup.com/brands.html

I read somewhere on this site that Dillion and BCRich where made together. Also I am assuming a distributor will most likely only be dealing with one factory as far as shipping etc..

Do any of the Cort guitars look like the Dillion or Tokais???
What does everyone else think?

I think I may have to try to get a tour of the Cort factory.

-ChuckD

Back