"Lawsuit" Acoustics?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willivory

Reaction score
Just curious. Did Tokai make 70/80's acoustics that paralleled their Les Paul and Strat replicas in quality and sound, and were fairly representative of models of another USA-made company like Martin? You seem them advertised that way on eBay every now and then and are very inexpensive.

Will Ivory

Yes,Tokai did and do acoustic guitars "a la" Martin.Mr. Shoei Adachi-Tokai president- learnt how to make them.He was in the factory when he was young.There is a special departament in Tokai for research and investigation that includes acoustics. About quality there are several numbers-see catalogues-the higher the number,the better.See Peter Mac,s post about acoustics and look for a japanese web page on links.
An interesting question would be how to compare older models(pre-82) to newer(82-02).

Luis: What happened in 1982 that would make a change in the production of guitars? Did the factory move locations, or get bought by another company and keep the name? What's the true story?

No I don,t think so.I noticed model,s name changed so I am only suppossing that dating.I was trying to make a comparission to electrics(as model,s name changed to higher figures,but quality was the same).I think Tokai acoustics are gems.

Latest posts

Back