greco gurus !! please help me identify this LP

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4711shaun

Reaction score
Hi,

i've searched this forum long and hard to identify this guitar and i'm confident it's a 1990 mint collection.. i just don't know which model or what pups it would have.

serial # 0 7560

it has a slim/fast neck and the broken 'O' logo but looks like it could have fret edge binding.. which isn't the norm for a mint collection guitar.

i'm tossing up between this and a burny RLG-70 (info on which is VERY hard to find)

all things equal between the two models, which do you think is likely to be the better guitar ?

thanks,

Shaun.

greco-a.jpg

greco-2.jpg

greco-3.jpg

greco-4.jpg

greco5.jpg

greco-6.jpg

how do you do that villager??
:D

ya see i would have guessed that the serial number suggested it would have been older than that, are the 1st two digits not supposed to signify the year??? taking a guess the first 0 is really a D for April production.

no i think that its just the first no ..like historics..the givaway is the lettering on the headstock, and the truss cover....the other one on the other thread is wierd tho ...unless I am seeing fret binding where there is none.....

I just saw a superreal neck, with a superreal decal, with no fret binding, and screamin PU from the mint collection ..1981/82 ..they just put superreal bits and mint collection bits together for a while ....hehe

no no gneco is really early 70's ...lol its the thickness and the lettering on the logo..hehe and a hole in the O..

low level superreals have thin script, high end ons have thick script...at a more acute angle on the headstock..and all superreals have the O complete... mint coll have a hole in the O...and the later ones have a different truss cover...and no fret binding for mint ...except on really really high end models ....or really early ones with old stock superreal necks ...hehe easy isn't it....

you learn something new every day apparently :eek:

think i need a bigger hard disk...... in my head

Latest posts

Back