50'S WIRING MOD: Pics Added

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, I've ordered pots/caps/wire etc. All I have to do now is put em in the right places! :wink:

guys, I've got my goodies now, can I just ask, did you use the braided wire just for the toggle switch? as it's single core, I take it you have 2 runs of braided wire going up to the switch?

thanks

Nick

Nick,

One wire to the toggle switch only!!

You have to bend the two metal pins in the middle of the toggle switch together and solder it with the wire. The braided shield is for the ground only ... solder it to the ground of the toggle switch - That's it! :wink:

Roger

Hi Roger thanks for the reply!

I am a bit confused though!

Ok Garagerat's diagram earlier in the thread has 3 wires coming of the switch? 1 each to both volume pots and one to the output?

sorry to sound thick, but I appreciate any help! :)

Nick,

you don't need to be confused ...

I 've got a toggle switch in front of me ... so :

- one wire from the bridge volume pot to one of the outer pins ( with the longish notch)
- one wire from the neck volume pot to the opposite outer pin
- one wire from the input jack to the 2 middle pins of the toggle switch. You have to bend them together and to solder with the wire. Don't forget the ground - therefore you need the braided shields of all three wires.

To manage that - loosen the shields a little bit and turn them together - then solder it to the ground of the toggle switch. READY!

So, there are three in total!!! 8) - You're right!!! :lol:

I hope I could explain it sufficiently ... ? :-?

Roger

thanks Roger

that makes sense.
I just need to source a deep thread nut now as the thread on the switch is too short!

thank you :wink:

Nick,

good luck for your project !! :lol:

I 've made this wiring on my Edwards - AMAZING !!!

Enjoy it - when finished - you'll love it! 8)

Roger

Latest posts

Back