Whats the best strap locking system ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like those little black concentric discs from Dunlop. They only cost a few bucks for a pack of three. I think they give you an extra as the QC isn't too good on them, and some are too loose, some too tight. Still, they are SO cheap that if you buy an extra pack here or there it doesn't matter. No guitar modification, nearly as quick a release as the Shaller, which I think look bulky.

If you lose alot of picks, you'll probably lose alot of those strap locks, but I just buy a bunch at a time.

I've had Schallers on almost 20 guitars, ranging from a very heavy Gibson Les Paul to a very light Fender Stratocaster. Never dropped one yet :wink:

villager said:
heh...did you get my PM's paladin?

Yeah I did... you've got some really cool stuff up there that I'd love to try out but I'm terrified that I won't be able to leave without it!

I've been meaning to do a full photo update of my rig recently but I'm waiting to finish my DIY pedalboard before I do that.

I'll PM you next time I'm going to be in the area, maybe I could bring one or two select examples for you to look at 8)

I use this strap system I got in the 80's where you take your strap buttons off the guitar and screw your strap straight onto the guitar itself.
To get the strap off they have like these luggage clasps..but essentially the strap is screwed directly onto the axe.

Hi Paladin,

Missed the chance to meet you when I was in Cardiff a month ago. Got to see Bath though. Gawd Cardiff seems to have as many Limos on a weekend as Las Vegas !!!

Are you into DIY as well ? Which pedals have you built ?

Schallers definitely!!!

I tried a set of Dunlops on my Gibby Les Paul once, and almost scratched the guitar on the upper non-cutaway bout.....

The Schallers are rock solid....

Happy New Year, guys!!!

Chum

Back