MIJ or MIK?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So let me know, when you?re coming over here!

Cheers, I?m enjoying a "Weizenbier" right now! (Yeast beer)

"ACY"

whitehall said:
Save your money and buy a used Gibson SG. It's not that much more. And when you sell it you will make a buck instead of losing your ***. I had a MIK sg from Canada, what a P>O>S> that thing was. All sharp edges and weak pups. I bought it new and when I sold it I got back a little more than 1/2 of what I paid. Then I bought an SG80 From Ishibashi. Not a bad guitar but by the time you pay for the shipping, the case and a pup change you could almost buy a new Gibson . I lost my *** when I sold that one too. If you can find a used Tokai , go for it.

The SG's aint popular, my mate has a mint ( as new ) SG100 in white with the three gold pickups. It is a beautifully built guitar that he paid ?670 for and he has tried to sell it on eBay 3 times and had it up for sale for only ?340 !!!!!!!!!!!! thats about the same as a MIK one and not one person has even asked about it.

Loverocks and Strats are pretty much Tokai fooder, the rest you will lose a bundle on and the reason I agree with you on buying a Gibson SG.

ACY said:
Just in the moment I?m changing pickups from my Gibsons into my Tokais! When this is done Im going to sell my Gibsons! I?m not a millionaire, but even if I would be, I would?nt by me Gibsons anymore!

Have to say I agree - If I was a millionaire I'd buy an ls380.

Latest posts

Back