Which factory/factories make(s) MIK Tokais?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schocker

Reaction score
Hi chaps.

I can't remember if this has been discussed before (although I'm pretty sure it must have been) and since I've just been reading about the various Korean factories such as Peerless, Unsung and Samick in relation to Gretsch I was wondering how many of them, if any, are responsible for MIK Tokais. Anyone in the know?

Thanks...

From what i've seen, and unfortunatley owned, they are made by anyone with a bandsaw and some poly dip.

whitehall said:
From what i've seen, and unfortunatley owned, they are made by anyone with a bandsaw and some poly dip.

Wasn't this a question about factories? While I have no idea what factory they are made in and this post has already been derailed a bit I would like to say:

My MIK Love Rock is a great guitar. I think you've made it very clear in a previous post that you were less then pleased with the "one" MIK you had. Does that mean they are all bad? Mine isn't. Then you weren't happy with what it cost you to purchase, ship and rework a MIJ Tokai. Why bother with Tokais regardless of where they are made? Maybe stick with Gibsons and post over at the Les Paul Forum instead. Something tells me that wouldn't work either. My MIK Love Rock is a great guitar for the money I paid. Are there better guitars? Certainly. But please stop condemning all MIK's just because you had one that you didn't like. One guitar is not a big enough sampling for that. Thats not painting a very accurate picture for someone with limited funds like myself. Someone who got a great guitar for the money he had to spend on one. I didn't expect a $5000 guitar for $500.

I agree with ratty..
The points that were raised about the sometimes shoddy carftsmanship of the MiK Tokais has served it's purpose...which is buyer beware.
Many of the MiK Tokais that I've seen appear to be fine...in fact,they have some of the best finishes I've ever seen.
We get that there are issues with crooked routing on the occasional model and we'll be on the lookout should we be intending a purchase.
Now...back to the topic...
As i've stated on other occasions.....here in Australia...many of the big guitar brands that come here are made in Indonesia...Ibanez are made in the Indonesian Cort factory...so the majority of Ibanez bought in this country are actually MiI.
It DOES lower the cost to the Australian buyer because Indonesia is way closer to us than Japan or Korea.
Having said that....my local music store has a big sale on MiK Epiphones at the moment.
Some nice finishes but that stoopid big paddle headstock :roll:

There's a thread somewhere on here that says something about Tokai being made in one factory, wheras other makers (such as Epi) use several different ones.

Don't know any of the factories names though - so not much help I guess.........

Latest posts

Back