What does you wife say?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek: I'm still waiting for my last guitar purchase to arrive , the Rickenbacker 360/12 Jetglo that Mrs.Tokaiguy gave me for our 25th anniversary. Last week she asked if I thought I might have topped out on guitars and related items. Did I have enough? My answer was ofcourse "Not nearly"! She wants us to get something we can enjoy together... Her suggestion was that since our Daughter will be going to college next year and we will be alone why not get a new Corvette C6! so we can have fun on the weekends!!! Then she gave me a brochure regarding arangements to fly to Kentucky and the Corvette facility ,take the museum tour and drive the new car back to Dallas! I think she might be on to something!! :wink: TG

Indeed there are some US guitars you should try. Why not fly to Kalamazoo with Mrs. Tokaiguy and return with a new Heritage H-150? I would prefer that anytime. :lol:

I just finished my Doctor of Law and Mrs. Schnabelrock wants to give me a present. She thinks of a watch. Well, allright ... :wink:

Schnabelrock said:
...Mrs. Schnabelrock wants to give me a present. She thinks of a watch. Well, allright ...

Hi Uwe,

a watch? Lol, I would talk to togps, a famous
dealer of japanese .... hmmm...watches!

And congratulations to the "doctor of law"

Andi

(....sweetheart, believe me, I really thought this LS380 is a
golden pilot watch....)

Hi, Andi,

I?m busily thinking about one of those japanese ... ehm ... watches togps sells. I jus have to wait for a good moment to tell her that I have seen a great watch with bookmatched top. 8)

I just order what I want and keep them at a friends house till things cool down. I have many guns and fishing poles, the guns just go into my safes though and she can't tell the difference. I find it much harder to pull off with my Tokias, she admires the way they look.

Mark :D

a watch...good idea. I have about 50 watches, mostly older Japanese made with a few swiss mades.
I`m pretty close to that number with guitars too, including the ones I sent to Canada `till I get back.
I`d be happy with a nice old Grand Seiko or a Citizen Chrono Master.

Watches are not so good for me. Under heavy braking their straps tend to come apart and I lose them. So I'm already in trouble for buying too many watches.

It's got to be something that isn't a guitar, a motorbike or a watch. And it has to fit in Bruceboomstick's wardrobe ...

How about axes? They're practical and useful for domestic chores like firemaking and homebuilding. Those clever Japanese even make wooden ones that are safe for children to play with.

I tried that. The pins that hold the straps in place are just as feeble and they're more expensive to replace.

It would probably draw blood and still fall off when the pins failed. Could be more dangerous than a domesticated child-proof wooden axe to make me useful round the house and garden (preferably MIJ law-suit type axe).

well, my Breitling Super Ocean is built to withstand pressure of up to 1000 meter dives...you break that and you`re achieving something.
There would be some other possible suggestions...slow down, unless you`re a young guy who still has to get past the " need for speed" phase or, and this is my final shot at this...a pocket watch, you do have pockets don`t you?

No, not young - I'm 52 and I'm not planning on slowing down either.

Maybe a fob watch on a chain would work - tricky at high speed tho'. And I hope I never need a Breitling watch that works to 1000 metres down while on a bike.

I hope the trouble-and-strife isn't reading this. Anyone worked out how to carry 2 guitars on motorbike? We can always do amps later ....

Enough from me.

my point was... the Breitling is quite robust. I don`t dive but the watch is probably bullet proof.

I hope the trouble-and-strife isn't reading this. Anyone worked out how to carry 2 guitars on motorbike? We can always do amps later ....

many years ago my mate found a Hondo flying V in a music shop for some riduclously low price. Not being one to turn down a bargain he promptly bought it. It was only when we got back the car park that we kind of discovered the incompatibility of bikes and guitars. It fell to the idiot pillion passenger (me) to hold the guitar with one hand (V on the seat, neck in the air), while holding onto the grab rail with the other hand

Fortunately he only had a Kawasaki GT550....come to think of it the guitar was more aerodymnamic than the bike......

An axe-carrying pillion! I think you've just solved all my commuting problems.

Move over, we're coming through! Music and mayhem. ':D'

I tell my girlfriend that no I don't have 10 guitars - they are very different instruments: one type based on pedal steels (esquire w/B bender) and another based on spanish guitars (electric spanish 335).

Schnabelrock said:
What does you wife say?

I only got 4 electric guitars. I know that most of you have more, some very much more ...

She likes my guitars. I was a guitar player making OK money when we met twenty-something years ago. I'm still a guitar player making a lot more money today. She thinks it's some kind of addiction that I have so many but tells me she's glad I have something I like to do.

She says the same as villager...too many guitars.But I show her the pics I have when touring the factory and told about my fantastic experience meeting Adachi-san and she stops....for while :D Hope she will come with me next time to Japan to visit friends I?m willing to see again.Hope this time meeting forum members from Japan too, I?ll promise to taste some great spanish wine with them....

Latest posts

Back