Let's Now Talk About What Amp(s)You Use With Your Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:oops: My amp collection is sadly lacking at present I'm afraid. All I have is a Pignose (no, the amp!) which I have to say is great as far as it goes, a Shultz Rockman into headphones and a homebuilt Matchless (got the circuit off the net) which needs more work as it distorts all the time!
I really like the idea of a small high quality valve amp so if my dodgy Matchless clone does'nt improve soon I may have to buy something as my guitars at least deserve it even if I don't!

Hey JRude, what cab are you running your TSL through?

I was thinking about a 1960AV myself, but I don't have anywhere to store the **** thing! :(

Skybone...I have an A/V Marshall 4x12 slant cab that I bought new with all Vintage 30's.....Find room for it.It's a phenomenal sounding cabinet..I'm running an old metal faced 50 watt Marshall head through mine,and anything else I can put through it... ;o) My little 15 watt fender Pro Juinor sounds incredible through this cabinet also...I'd like to try my Cyber Twin through it one of these days also.

John

Skybone: I'm running my DSL100 through 1960B cab. I think the cab is very good altough not nice to carry around...

The best sound that I get is like this:
Tokai LC-65 -> Dunlop Crybaby Wah -> POD2.0 (mono output)-> to Effect Return of JCM2000DSL100 (Pod takes over marshall preamp, still you get tube power amp from marshall), -> 1960B cab.

Rock on.

Mmmm - I use a Line6 Flextone II. You can all eat your shorts - I know what a Soldano 300w head sounds like through a 1x8" speaker, so there.

The AC 30 setting still does it for me though.

Whoever posted the earlier message re: SD 59s v Seth Lover pickups should know that the 59s are NOT potted - they just have nice wooden spacers which seem to do the PAF thing. I've tried a few combinations of pickups with my Tokai Love Rock and the 59s are the best. If you don't agree, you need an Ibanez!

Back