Aluimum Tailpiece

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GARAGERAT

Reaction score
Anyone know which of the Aluimum Tailpieces are similar in fit / appearance, to the stock piece on my Korean NALS-48 Love Rock? Shape, stud spacing etc. I know function should be first, and is, but If a certain tailpiece looks correct also, all the better. I've looked at pics on the net but can't really tell, the pics I have seen are too small for these old peepers,lol. I have seen the pics for the DMC tailpiece on the "THURSDAY BURST" website. It looks great but I can't find their website or where to buy one. I just wondered what anyone else has used. Like I said, I know function is the most important thing but I want this rig to look right too. If I didn't I would have bought a guitar at Wal Mart, lol. Thanks for any input you folks have.

You've got a problem here - the korean love rocks have chrome hardware and nobody makes a chrome aluminium tailpiece. A nickel one will look very much out of place on your guitar.

Your best bet, unless you think you'd be happy with a yellow tailpiece, would be to replace the tuners and bridge hardware as well. You might get away with the pickup covers.

The aged DMC tailpiece that I have on Thursday Burst is ordered from a company in Germany. Their webadress is www.crazyparts.de.

Though if you're in US it be alot easier to find one there. As I wrote on the Thursday Burst site, I was suprised that it fitted into the original post and that the spacing was correct. I was prepared not to be able to use the studs that came with it and I also thought that I might have to file the mountings in the tailpiece larger in case it won't fit right one.

I guess you could call or mail RS Guitarworks (http://www.rsguitarworks.net) and ask what the spacing on their tailpieces are (they should have both aged and new versions) and the measure the tailpiece on your ALS Tokai.

Take in consideration that the hardware on a ALS Tokai probably chrome plated and will not become dull like the nickel. At least not as fast as nickel plated hardware. So if you want to go nickel plated, you might want to get a nickelplated bridge and bridge saucers as well.

Good luck! :)

Paladin2019 said:
You've got a problem here - the korean love rocks have chrome hardware and nobody makes a chrome aluminium tailpiece. A nickel one will look very much out of place on your guitar.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_tailpieces/Gotoh_Aluminum_Stop_Tailpiece.html

As Pegcityrocker pointed out. They do gold, nickel or chrome in both metric and imperial sizes. Check the page :wink:

Just had to post again. This is my first Tokai and I'm on budget, thats why I bought the Korean made Love Rock to begin with. Everyone here has been so cool sharing what they know with the forum. As I said I'm on a budget (single dad) so I have to do my own small repairs and mods. It would be a hell of a lot harder without everyones help. So, Pegcityrocker, Paladin2019, eresseraca, BaggyPants, thanks again to you guys and everyone on the forum who's ever given me a hand.

Latest posts

Back