B stock tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Coda Music that big then? To me they are my local store. Sure they've got a good range of guitars in the shop but I've been to many other shops that are the same size. I'm surprised they're being described as a bulk dealer rather than a local shop to be honest.

LBUK said:
I understand this philosophy but if there is not 'a local store' or if you are unable to travel or there is not the choice available at your local store then why not use the internet. Its horses for courses. Afterall most 'local stores' have a website and sell mail order or sell through e-bay. Also I have been completely unimpressed by the service of some 'local stores'

Yeah, I get your point there.... but you know where I was coming from.

LBUK said:
Your theories are in an ideal world. What we need is choice and better QC.
As for cheapest not being best that depends on where your coming from on a financial basis. It all depends on YOUR priorities. Let people decide for themselves.

Oh, of course, we must all be allowed to decide for ourselves... absolutely... but we must also accept that if the decision we take is not the safest that the element of risk in that decision is ours, no one elses.

I am writing this from the perspective of an online guitar seller BTW, that is what I do, I sell guitars online, so I am not sending you off to your local store in some luddite attempt at driving sales away from the online marketplace!

Like you said though, horses for courses.

Is Coda Music that big then? To me they are my local store. Sure they've got a good range of guitars in the shop but I've been to many other shops that are the same size. I'm surprised they're being described as a bulk dealer rather than a local shop to be honest.

I think rather than "big" I'd describe coda certainly as a national dealer - they always run a big add in guitarist. Although I've never used them I'd always consider them - I know plenty of people who have. Based on what I know of them like Jamie I'd be (very) suprised if they were selling b stock.

I think being in any business is difficult - stay small and margins stay small - get big too quickley and quality can suffer. When it comes to guitars you have a complex product and very choosy buyers - I guess anyone can sell a cheap guitar, but selling a good guitar cheapley is a bit harder !

But I guess just to put some perpective on things I know people who have bought TV, Fridges, Motorcycles, Cars, xboxes and so on and had problems with them - so I guess every market sector has issues. I guess we like to fool ourselves that guitars are not mass produced - but they are, so that means they have more in common with my toaster than I'd care to admit. :D

(My toaster doesn't toast, it burns bread, yesterday it turned a muffin into a briquette in fifteen seconds flat :cry: )

I think rather than "big" I'd describe coda certainly as a national dealer - they always run a big add in guitarist. Although I've never used them I'd always consider them - I know plenty of people who have. Based on what I know of them like Jamie I'd be (very) suprised if they were selling b stock.

I think being in any business is difficult - stay small and margins stay small - get big too quickley and quality can suffer. When it comes to guitars you have a complex product and very choosy buyers - I guess anyone can sell a cheap guitar, but selling a good guitar cheapley is a bit harder !

But I guess just to put some perpective on things I know people who have bought TV, Fridges, Motorcycles, Cars, xboxes and so on and had problems with them - so I guess every market sector has issues. I guess we like to fool ourselves that guitars are not mass produced - but they are, so that means they have more in common with my toaster than I'd care to admit. :D

(My toaster doesn't toast, it burns bread, yesterday it turned a muffin into a briquette in fifteen seconds flat :cry: )

Hey that did some wierd double post !!!!

That's the gremlins for you, my toaster is going to take over the world :lol:

Quite a few Finnish guitar players have bought Gibsons from Coda this year and they haven't reported anything bad, on the contrary.

Could you put strings on the toaster and knock out a quick rendition of Stairway To Heaven though????

I'm in the market for a new acoustic in the next week or so, so will defintely be visiting Coda again so if I have a bad experience I'll post it....and also if I have a good one I'll do likewise.

togps said:
.... I'm in the market for a new acoustic in the next week or so,
Don't miss to check out the new Tokai acoustic series!

yes.....someone else mentioned it on another thread I started. I've emailed Bob at Tokai UK for any info he may have as there's not much on the website. Do you have any rough idea of what models and their prices will be?

sscanlan said:
togps said:
.... I'm in the market for a new acoustic in the next week or so,
Don't miss to check out the new Tokai acoustic series!

yes.....someone else mentioned it on another thread I started. I've emailed Bob at Tokai UK for any info he may have as there's not much on the website. Do you have any rough idea of what models and their prices will be?

Can't help you on that... but there is one new Tokai acoustic, name of which completely escapes me, but is a Gibson copy, like the one David Gilmour tends to use when doing Wish You Were Here (again model number escapes me sorry!!:oops:) which is lovely!!

Not an electro, but a lovely full bodied dreadnought... really really good sound and superb playing action!

Hamamatsu Cat?s Eyes are very good and they have a order made system.If you know the main head of the Company knows how to make them,then it?s a great plus. And I can say I have seen that with my own eyes.

I own a CE-1000 ,it took very long getting and I like it....

About what stratmoto told about Quality and Quantity.... I prefer it too. I like quality...at a price and Tokai nailes it. Tokai can make quality guitars and they make them. They can fail of course, but I can bet failure rate is very low. But if someone wants to make a big profit with that guitars.... I think this is a bad bussiness..... I would return whatever guitar with a bad quality or player failures to the seller..

luis said:
...... I would return whatever guitar with a bad quality or player failures to the seller..
I second that.
This is the only way. Simple and efficient.
No need, to discuss such issues with emotions for weeks in several forums without any result.

just traded for a new korean j2oo and new fishman pickup.all i can say at the momemt is that the guitar sounds wonderul accousticly. and also heard it though a accustic amp dont know what make, in the shop and it was absolutly astounding
but i will have to wait till the weekend to try it thruogh my marshal accoustic amp, cosmeticly the guitar is impecable , no flaws or blemmishes, only thing im not sure about i are the machine heads. they really look cheap but i dont know what would fit , as they seem deeper than the gotoh machine heads on my mij loverock,
any help would be appreciated

Latest posts

Back