Requesting feedback on a UK Tokai Dealer

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msvbvm61

Reaction score
I've been searching for a Tokai ES model in Canada with no luck. I've emailed the North American distributor (I believe it is Godlyke Distributing) and he said "ES models cannot be sold in North America due to trademark issues with Gibson - sorry, if you want one of these guitars you'd have to purchase from overseas....." . So from there I emailed the UK distributor, Tokai Guitars (UK) Limited for a list of trusted dealers who regularly do business with the US. They forward my email to several UK dealers.

My request is, if any of you have had any experience with: Coda Music; Don Mackrills Music Stop; Antone's Guitars, UK; or Wizard Guitars, please post that. Any info that could help me make an informed decision would be appreciated.

I got my last tokai from Coda Music, and I have shopped in both stores. They were very helpful and friendly in Stevenage, happy to check the stock of the other store in Luton for me. I wasn't in the Luton branch for as long and it was quite packed at the time so the staff were a bit more busy though they seemed nice enough; I would imagine that if it were less busy I would have recieved the same attention as in Stevenage, that's just inevitable in shopping sometimes it's busy sometimes it's not. However the reason I chose to get my guitar from there rather than another shop was simply the price (I could have got one closer to home for a couple of ?100 more - people call me crazy for going a long way to look at guitars but I like travel and having 'days out' with friends and family so that is just my character).

Obviously though I don't have any experience in mail ordering from them - I would hazard a guess they would be just as helpful over email. There are plenty of other friendly folk who I have made enquiries with about tokai guitars and accessories, and I am sure someone else will be kind enough to to post their experiences.

You could try Rock Facktory. I bought a couple of guitars from them and on the whole, the exprience was good. There was a bit of a mix up about a case but this was sorted out promptly (with a little help from Bob at Tokai I believe). The prices were very good and shipping was quick and efficient. I asked for and was given a tracking number.

I dealt with two guys there. I think it was Graham (Not sure of this!) and Ricky. If you're going to call them I would suggest Graham would be the most helpful.

Rich Tone Music have just got a new batch of Japanese Tokais in, but he also stocks the Korean ones too. His ebay auctions can be found here:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Rich-Tone-Music-Ltd

The better Tokais are on the second page.

Got my Japanese LC80 from him a few weeks ago and I'm very pleased with it :D

He won't ship to Africa or Indonesia, because of the amount of fraud coming out of there :wink:

Back