Tokai guitars in Sweden

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Can one buy Tokai guitars in Sweden? I currently own an Epiphone LP wich I´m not entirely satisfied with (finish flaws, feels a bit cheap). Are the Tokais better than Epiphones?

Thanks,
Peter

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Tones']

Peter,

I think most Tokai Love Rocks owners will agree that the Tokai's are better overall guitars than the Epi's. Maybe someone who has played both can provide a comparison for us.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Kenny ']

I have owned both and I have to say that the build quality if the Japanese Tokais are much better than the Epi's. But, the Japanese Tokai's also cost up to 400.00 more than the Epi's on the used market. The Epi's are comparable in build quality and price to the Korean Tokai's.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

The tokai is a more exakt copy of an gibson than the epiphone gibson.The epiphone feels much cheaper.But the epi that i used to had a very nice neck butt buzzed to much and it vas a brand new.I must say buy the tokai!!!You can reach me at my e-mail if you have any more questions!!!

[Anonymously Posted by: 'gibsonhater']

I own an Epiphone doubleneck 6/12 as well as a new 2001LE Love Rock. The neck profile, fretwork, finish & craftsmanship on the Tokai FAR OUTWEIGH that of the Epiphone. The pickups & electronics on the Epi are JUNK & I disposed of them apropriately. Unfortunately, I did not cut out all of the wiring which is restricting it, but FOUR Seymour Duncans make it a much better instrument. The Tokai, however, has a SHIELDED CAVITY & the all around feeling of a finer instrument. There has been discussion on this site about where these instruments are made, but I really don't care. Since I am a Stratcat, I have no intention of buying a "real" LP, so this is as close as I'm going to get. I can't wait to see how 2 Duncans make my Love Rock sound. The Tokai's are better than the Epi's HANDS DOWN.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Barry']

Tokai's aren't available in Sweden today but you can buy them from Finland. For example Musa Pörssi sells them: http://www.musaporssi.fi/ - but not everybody likes the different design, the body is made of aluminum btw (price 8.500 SEK). I don't know about the korean models but the japan made guitars are excellent. I have a Tokai TTE50 '64 Tele replica that is much better than the '64 Fender Tele I once owned (not a reissue, the real deal).

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Christer Wester']

There is a new Tokai Love Rock for sale in Sweden for those who are interested. The price is 13900 SEK (approx $1390). You'll find it at: http://www.jam.se
At that price it's definitely a Japanese Tokai.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

I forgot my Adress the Last Time: [email protected] .By the way theres no problem here in finland if you want to purchase a
japan or korean modell Tokai.There seems to be alot of sweeds her i talk swedish myself so if you got questions ramble on.And go buy a cd of Peter Green`s Fleetwood mac(The early Fleetwood Mac)

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Christer Wester']

Latest posts

Back