Orville By Gibson Acoustics

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20 century boy

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that the Orville by Gibson acoustics sometime have a truss rod cover with 3 screws and sometime the traditional 2 screws Gibson truss rod cover. I noticed that on most of the models. The acoustics that feature the Gibson truss rod cover have the letter A before the usual numerotation, and the ones with an ?piphone like truss cover have classic serial numbers ( starting by a G letter). They obviously come from different factories as you can find both versions in a same year. So, IIDA, Terada or Fujigen? :)

exemple with 2 j-200 heads(both from 1993):
orvilles8ht.jpg

The very early Grecos had a 3 screw truss rod covers(1.975 and before). As you know there were some solid bodies korean Orvilles too in '96,don?t know if any acoustic too.

I never saw any Korean made acoustics, I think the production was stoped before. The 2 in my previous post are from 1993. The most common models have the 3 screws truss rod covers. :)

I had a couple of hummingbirds, 91 and 93, both had the gibson one..

lovely guitars..I have only just ventured into the japanese acoustics..so far the 2 ObG's and a burny hummingbird i have, are excellent.

Latest posts

Back