ES 335 Copies from Tokai!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi Guitarlunatics!
I`m from germany, I got a loveley ES 335 Copie from Tokai.Modell named ES-900.
The Guitar is in sunburst and made in Japan.The Serial Nr. is 900048.Is there anybody who can say something about the year and the overall Quality of this Modell??
regards Peter

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Peter Walther']

Where did you get it? I will be in Frankfurt in a few weeks, maybe I can buy one to bring back to the US.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Jeff Lorry']

Hey Peter

I'm intrigued by the model number. ES-900 implies that it was made to retail at 900,000 Yen. Way more than the top-of-the-line Love Rock LS320!!

As far as I can see from the old catalogs, there were only ES-60, ES-100, ES-150, ES-200 models and then there's an EN-180 mentioned on the Universe Web site, and I think the new ES for the UK is the ES-120.

When did you get your ES-900 and where is the model number on the guitar? The only Tokais I have seen have no model numbering on the guitar at all.

Cheers

Barry

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Barry Plows']

I am seeing a new tokai 335 type in a picture from UK magazine GUITAR MAGAZINE from Musikmesse .The model is E5120.It is 3 tone sunburst and the logo is different.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'luis']

Thanks Luis - I'll check out the magazines on my next trip into town. 120,000 Yen would be about £680, and that implies it's Japanese made.

Wonder if it's that model that UK dealers are asking £950 for :eek:(

Barry

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Barry Plows']

Latest posts

Back