Very cool Vintage Tokai Springy on ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-ST-60-Springy-Sound-Two-Tone-Sunburst-Excellent_W0QQitemZ7424277011QQihZ016QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very cool, Clay, I second that.
Are you the seller?

Nice Springy!

Even, I never ever saw such of stamping in the the neck pocket on any Tokai Fender replica.

This is not so cool.

togps said:
Very cool, Clay, I second that.
Are you the seller?
No, If I had that baby it wouldnt be going anywhere. LoL

togps said:
Even, I never ever saw such of stamping in the the neck pocket on any Tokai Fender replica.

This is not so cool.
Do you think the body could be non-Tokai ?
That would be a crusher for me.

Looks nice.....everything checks out except for the body stamps and the routing shape of the control cavity and input jack.....don't think it's a non Tokai body but it's not the usual suspect.....

togps said:
.... Even, I never ever saw such of stamping in the the neck pocket on any Tokai Fender replica.
STOP! Rewind....

Don't say never ever ...

Here is a good example of a '79 ST80 stamped neck pocket.

st80197927oi.jpg

st80197916em.jpg

I have a 1978 Tokai st60 and the routing shape of the control cavity and input jack is consistant with those pictures, it doesn't have the two holes either side of each pickup in the cavity, I think the early Springy sounds do have slight differences from my current research but I'm no expert on Tokai's ;-)

Not sure if that helps but no reason to suspect the body has been changed on my Tokai ... my one's a very early '78 so hard to find a comparsion on the internet :roll:

Back