Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequential Serial #'s !!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2001 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed in the db that Rob and Nigels new Love Rocks cherry sunbursts have sequential serial numbers. Where did you guys get them - gotta be the same place. Rob, you mentioned having yours shipped from Canada and I noticed Nigel has a .ca in his email address. Can you guys tell us where you got them.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got them from Ed McDonald of Tundra Music / Vintage Guitars, Canada. You can contact Ed on eddiem@tundramusic.com or visit http://www.tundramusic.com.

Mike's Music of Canada also have the new 2001 Ltd Editions out. Check them out on http://www.ebay.com where I bid for mine from Tundramusic. In fact Mike's Music also auction Tokai's on ebay.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'anna']

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys! (We need some Gals on this page!)

I'm a little leery of the Mike's music Ltd Ed's. THe pictures that I've seen of them have the 3-screw truss rod cover. As far as I know, that is a Korean made Tokai characteristic. I believe the Japanese ones have 2 screws and are bell-shaped.

I haven't talked to Mike's, so this is purely conjecture.

Cheers

Nigel

[Anonymously Posted by: 'luis']

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing a Korean Love Rock on ebay last month and it had a 3 screw half-elipse truss rod cover. I don't know if this is definitely a korean thing or if they just use whatever they have a batch of at the time. It sounds like you've seen them for real nigel. Can you confirm that all the Korean ones have 3 screws? My japanese '59 has a two screw half-elipse and not the Gibson bell shape by the way.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Rob McMurray']

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Rob,

THe Korean ones do have the 3 screws. My mistake, the TR cover is a bell shape.

Cheers

Nigel

[Anonymously Posted by: 'augustin25']
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: