Drop in Tokai's standards

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually ishibashi deals with the factory, I know this because I was told so when I made my order...

I'm also waiting for confirmation about the subject that led to this discussion.

if tokai is indeed going through a downfall, which I find no means to confirm right now, let's hope they go back to their former shape quickly...

joukov said:
If you read a bit more carefully then you can see this:
Quote:"Also, we obtain a Tokai item through a supplier."

Ok, then the whole quote is not trustworthy for me. When I first talked to Hiroaki I asked for the ls85f availability and he told me that he has to contact the factory. Then, I asked if it was possible to get a ls85 with no pickguard and he contacted the factory again.

If not wrong, Bruno has a bunch of Tokais from ishibashi, I find his opinion more reliable than a quote from a friend that told to another friend...

And again, it is curious that a lot of people out there are claiming that Tokai is dropping quality and Tokai this and the other... **** it, if you don't want a Tokai don't buy it. My Tokai came flawless from ishibashi, and twice flawless considering the price I payed. I'm still astonished.

ganzua said:
...Then, I asked if it was possible to get a ls85 with no pickguard and he contacted the factory again.

By the way, was it possible to get a pickguarded model without pickguard?

ganzua, you are now being unfair. I wanted a Tokai and I got a flawed one. And when I complain about it, it is curious?

Again, you got a proper Tokai because Ishibashi sent the flawed ones back, like they said in their reply.

joukov said:
Here, supreme, take a chill pill.

Oh,here we go again,another childish attack.Supreme was talking about the subject like anyone else,giving his views based on his own experience and now it seems Ishibashi which isnt small pennies.You then made a childish remark directed to him personally to divert everyone from the points raised.

Weak joukov,very weak.

It seems sadly that its a custom on this forum to do this and eventhough the moderator promised in the announcements section to ban people who made these kind of personal attacks,nothing happens.

Lets talk about the topic instead of this nonsense.Ishibashi is pulling out and doesnt want to deal with Tokai anymore until they get their act together.That is major stuff.Ishibashi said literally 'The craftsmanship of Tokai used to be good. The current products are not.
We have repeatedly advised Tokai to improve the quality but there has
been no improvement.'

I have to agree 100%. I've stopped buying all things Tokai. Last year I bought a LS90F/L that was pretty nice except for the pups. This year I bought the same guitar. Better pups, nicer top - laminate- but it weighed in at over 10LBs and had numerous detail flaws in it. The other 2 people I talked to who bought the same model from the same run also had 10+ lb. guitars. The MIK ones we get in the states thru canada are sometmes so bad as to be laughable. I had an SG that had body edges so sharp you could cut yourself on them. Tokai ? -- bye bye.

Let me qoute Supreme from an earlier thread - 'Let the smarter one not respond anymore.'

welou said:
ganzua said:
...Then, I asked if it was possible to get a ls85 with no pickguard and he contacted the factory again.

By the way, was it possible to get a pickguarded model without pickguard?

Nop

supreme said:
ganzua, you are now being unfair. I wanted a Tokai and I got a flawed one. And when I complain about it, it is curious?

My Gretsch 6119 came from Dallas to Oklahoma scratched, with two breaches in the wood and some hardware loose.

The dealer opened the package, check the content, laughed, closed the package again and sent the package right back to Dallas. The second 6119 we received was in mint condition, a state of the art 6119.

I didn't start to claim that Terada factory in Japan, where Gretsch and D'angelico guitars are manufactured are dropping in quality or the whole production is crap.

In fact, I'm not interested in the problems between the guitar shop and his suppliers and his manufacturers. I purchased a new guitar and that's what I received, in perfect shape, it was my dealer responsability and the dealer was fair.

Maybe your dealer is a supreme ******* and he worths a demand, I don't know, if I were you maybe I'd go to England to cut his balls and make him to swallow.

joukov said:
Here, supreme, take a chill pill.

no comments, by now.

:eek:

this has got to be the most biased forum on the net. of course someone can talk about a guitar with issues, what's wrong with you all. you even surpassed the gibson nutters as far as i can read here. if a dealer like ishibashi dropped prs, i would definitely take it seriously instead of attacking the ones who got burnt already.

PRS24 said:
:eek:

this has got to be the most biased forum on the net.

Biased? A forum named "Tokai Forum" and plenty of Tokai fans? I don't believe you.

We'll certainly keep an eye out at our end on the Japanese stuff. Hope the "rot" doesn't spread or poor old Bob at Tokai UK is gonna have a helluva lot of returns to go back to Japan.

Is it particular models people have heard about having problems with? Is it a batch thing or more widespread?

I have had good luck with all of my Tokais that I have bought through Ishibashi. A LS 150, an Es 120 the LS 320 and now I'm waiting for a LC 185 and an ES 155. I hope that Ishibashi can come through for me. I find it sad, if it is true that a fine guitar company like Tokai would let these things happen and get out over the internet. It could shut down a company real fast. I will email Hiroaki and ask for an explaination in his own words, not that I don't believe some of these things. If its an endemic problem than Tokai is in deep sh_t and it had better come on this forum and talk to the faithfull, if not and I get a bad axe , it's over. How about some answers Mr. Tokai? I think we shoud give them a chance to state what if any, the problem is.

Mark :cry:

TUNAFREAK said:
I have had good luck with all of my Tokais that I have bought through Ishibashi. A LS 150, an Es 120 the LS 320 and now I'm waiting for a LC 185 and an ES 155.

That's what I started to think after purchasing my Tokai, that I must be the luckiest guy in the world; I purchased a Tokai from a shop that doesn't sell Tokais anymore and the guitar was flawless when it was supposed to be in pieces.

By the way, I'm not attacking supreme as PRS24 stated, I was just sharing my own experience. I think supreme is a victim of a bad/criminal dealer.

As said in my country; "we were a few and then the grandmother gave birth" (it is a joke)

TUNAFREAK said:
I will email Hiroaki and ask for an explaination in his own words

Please, post the replay in the forum, I'd like to know what he has to say.

Please, give him regards from Spain and ask him why he insists in selling to me guitars that he doesn't carry anymore. :D

I just sent e-mails to Ishibashi and Tokai gakki, I will have to see if they respond. I know that I would if my companys reputation was on the line. I asked Tokai to come on the forum and tell us what the heck is going on. I also asked in private that Hiroaki do the same. I got $2800 in guitars coming from Ishibashi and I won't accept Lemons!!!!

Mark :evil:

TUNAFREAK said:
I got $2800 in guitars coming from Ishibashi and I won't accept Lemons!!!!

Mine was lemon drop, no problem here.

Well at one point I was going to be recieving a LS-320 from Ishibashi. However, when it finally came from Tokai, Noriko reported that it had flaws with the fretboard. I asked if I could just get a blem price and Noriko said that Tokai refused this idea. So I didn't go through with the deal. I got my LS-320 from Guitar Universe-now the one TUNAFREAK has.

okay so, can you guys give me suggestions to webshops that might have good piece IN STOCK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back