*Flawed Tokai part 2........*

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
luis said:
About the delay in production just remember Tokai is not a large factory like others,and they are concerned to the quality.The 150s are a very special model and reaching the high end so they would be make them very good.....

Yeah I know, like I said, these things happen.

Doens't make it less annoying, but you do have to accept certain things!

Does anyone have the email addresses of the Japanese Tokai personel at the Japanese factory? A few of the dealers here must have that? I only found that of the factory which seems to be deserted.

We've been talking alot about what we think sellers should do about problems; well here's what Ishibashi has done about a QC issue. A couple of days ago I ordered a LS85S Goldtop from Ishibashi. This morning I received this email from the sales agent;

Dear Jeremy,

This is Daisuke from Ishibashi WEB SHOP.

Having inspected on your guitar,we found an error on painting.
It might be Tokai's average quality but I think I should change to
another LS85S in Gold Top colour.

As Tokai is closed on weekend,it will be on Monday that I ask Tokai to
change it.

I would like you to wait for more few days to ship it out.

I hope you could understand that.

If you have a question,please let me know.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Daisuke Kitoh/International Sales Agent
Ishibashi WEB SHOP
Ishibashi Music Corporation
http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/
U_BOX---http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/
Telephone number:81-3-3291-7090
Fax:81-3-3291-7099

I can sure respect their taking care of it before they ship it off to me. I'm also glads that they take the time to personally inspect each guitar they ship out. It's interesting his choice of words in "it might be Tokais average quality". I wonder what he means by that or if something is lost in translation. This will be my 6th Love Rock and I have never had one with any issues. ANyway, here's a respectable business that watches out for their customers. I just hope they hurry and send it to me; I've been after a Goldtop with P90's for years :wink:

Ishibashi is known for their service, they handle things very well. Next time I get a Japanese built guitar, I will order directly from a Japanese dealer. It is cheaper too.

I am done with the UK so-and-sos.

supreme I've dealt with ishibashi, and they're great you just can't go wrong with them, but there are also, some very nice european dealers, that will give you what you want cheaper...

Yes bruno, there are some dealers in Europe who will do their job properly.

But you know how the human brain works. You get burned once by something and then you avoid everything that reminds you of it. I know I generalize with this, but I can't help it.

Ishibashi volunteer the kind of service you couldn't even bribe out of a lot of English shops, especially some* of those in Denmark Street.

(*I say some so as not to generalise, although I'm pretty sure you could try and walk out of most of them with half their stock and they'd rather let you get away with it than lower themselves to acknowledge your existence. And ever notice how the price labels show a figure which is normally ?100 over the RRP?!! Ain't London great!)

Where was I?! Oh yes...Ishibashi. Wonderful to do business with. You ask them if they happen to know something on the off chance and they apologise for not having the answer and then contact the relevant department at the manufacturers, speak to the person who is responsible for the matter in question and then let you know. :D

I?ve been to Japan a few times... and yes.. nothing beats japanese stores in terms of customer service (of course, if you are foreigner, sometimes there will be problems because of the language barrier)... :wink: that?s why I?m not surprised at all that I am always hearing good things about Ishibashi.

Alpedra said:
I?ve been to Japan a few times... and yes.. nothing beats japanese stores in terms of customer service (of course, if you are foreigner, sometimes there will be problems because of the language barrier)... :wink: that?s why I?m not surprised at all that I am always hearing good things about Ishibashi.

yes...sometimes.

This is from another thread but I thought it would be relevant to insert it here.

mfc_pj said:
thanks for you answers. I've e-mailed ishibashi and they told me they quit bussines with tokai cause they have more and more problems.
Is there another way to get a good es335 copy for a good price???

joukov said:
Are you joking, mfc_pj?

mfc_pj said:
no joke. Here's the part of the e-mail:

First of all, please understand our situation. We do not sell any Tokai
guitar at our stores. We have carried it only in case a customer wants.
We will quit to handle any Tokai guitar in the end of this month because
of chronic shortage of their products and quality problems.

jawilluk said:
This is from another thread but I thought it would be relevant to insert it here.

mfc_pj said:
thanks for you answers. I've e-mailed ishibashi and they told me they quit bussines with tokai cause they have more and more problems.
Is there another way to get a good es335 copy for a good price???

joukov said:
Are you joking, mfc_pj?

mfc_pj said:
no joke. Here's the part of the e-mail:

First of all, please understand our situation. We do not sell any Tokai
guitar at our stores. We have carried it only in case a customer wants.
We will quit to handle any Tokai guitar in the end of this month because
of chronic shortage of their products and quality problems.

:eek: :eek:

WOW is that true?

I guess i am lucky that i got a 2003 LS85q?

jawilluk, thanks for posting that. I wanted to post that too but didn't because some people here might again accuse me off a hidden agenda.

Ishibashi seems not to be happy about the quality of the Tokais they are getting lately, so they are letting Tokai go.

supreme, i've been following this from the seymour duncan messageboard and first it sucks to get treated like that. second it sucks that some biased people here have attacked you in other threads, just silly. third, buy a prs and no issues at all 8)

Not quite true, prs24.

6 months ago I went to a PRS dealer and tried 4 different Tremonti models (700?+) and someone had ****ed them up in the factory, totally unplayable. Four necks ruined and the fret dressing was probably done by a blind man and still they were hanging on the wall for sale. :(

I quess you have to spend a few thousand dollars to get a good PRS? :roll:

well jokov, as long as you don't post high detailed pics, the name of the dealer so i can call him, i'm gonna say you are displaying bullsh1t from the cheapest barn in finland :wink:

I'd say that you are making a personal attacks on me. Not spelling my name right and calling me a liar without any evidence. :roll:
I'd better call my lawyer.

prs24, why don't you post your location and email address so we can see where you come from and who you really are?

i'm and american in germany, dusseldorf, close to the center. my email is [email protected]. name me the prs dealer who was selling 4 prs guitars with ruined necks, i wanna call the guy. also give me your name so i can tell him you discovered all this in his shop. you still sound like you display bullsh1t from the cheapest barn in finland,don't start crying :wink:

Guys, this is the second time now, this thread is about my guitar and how it is being dealt with. Can you open another thread in general discussions or something?

Cheers.

What's up in these forums lately? Why's everyone so bitchy and combative? It's becoming a real drag to hop from topic to topic and catch the same verbal boxing matches. You're taking the fun out of the one thing we all have in common - we dig guitars. You'd think we're discussing religion, politics, Iraq or something else we play guitar to escape.

Good call marcusniemen, in the matter of a week this forum has gone from one of the best and friendliest places on the net to hang out to a place where you have to watch everything you say and to whom you say it to. there's some real negative energy around lately.

I joined this forum to chat with and ask questions of like-minded people from around the world. Let's keep it real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back