New Goldtop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axeman

Reaction score
Firstly I'd like to say thanks to the guys at Tokia Registry for a great informative site.

Well as I sit hear a shiny new Goldtop Tokia LP is sitting next to me having had my first thrash (the amps still humming as I write).

What can I say this is truly an awsome piece of kit for the price (or any price).

The bridge setting has a plenty of attack while the neck pickup provides all the depth and warmth that you could ever want.

The action only required the slightest of tweaks to make the whole thing silky smooth.

As you can probably see I''m like a dog with 2 tails.

Having played guitar for over 25 years (the same 3 cords phew!!) and owed many different guitars I can honestly say this is the best I have ever had and this is straight from the box with no pro tuning!

I nearly didn't buy one I was looking for a Les Paul and it is only because the guys in Gamlins (Cardiff) sugested I try one that I even picked it up.

They still have a beautiful flame oak one in stock if anyones interested.

Thanks to them and Claire (the better half) who when she heard the price imediately volunteered to pay for it (b'day present....Now that means I get the axe for free she would never have offered to pay ?1200 + for a Les Paul) and a special thanks to Tokia for application to quality and attention to detail that I thought had long gone in anything but hugely expensive custom models.

Just my initial thoughts but i'm off ro wag my other tail now

:D

Mark

Forgot to say I've just bought one from Wizard guitars, Doncaster
Serial No:0205245 Its Great, can't play but can't put it down either, tossed the AST50 aside. What amp do you use?
Col

They must have almost followed each other down the production line mine is 0205212.

At home i'm using a Fender frontman (can't get too loud certainly not loud enough to drive any valves).

Even this little amp sounds great with this guitar.

I also use a boss me-30 multi fx unit if I want to make some really scary noises.

You say can't play do you mean you can't play or don't have amp etc.. ?

If you are just learning and the Tokia quality is consistant (and judging by the posts here I'm sure it is) then you will have a top notch Pro Quality axe to learn on.

Just learning again after a long long gap. have an Hughes and Kettner triplex amp bedroom shaking with nice tone and effects.

I'm jealous. I am a complete freak for Gold Tops and one day hope to actually own one.

Ned

Lexescol,

Did yours come with the scratchplate attached?

Mine wasn't so I have the option of adding it or leaving it off (no holes to fill :lol: )

I just wondered if all L.R's were coming like this now.

Ned,

You won't regret it thats for sure.

Mine came with scratchplate fitted, although I could have taken one without it fitted, i didnt fancy someone else tapping screws in at IE shopassistant so opted for fitted one from factory

Latest posts

Back